DA old timers  

Page 67 / 112
  RSS

Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
08/08/2016 12:58 am  

and I expect an afternoon shower today. The sky looks angry.
Hi,
Aunt Mark, skywatcher.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
08/08/2016 3:02 am  

Polar opposite sky here!
Usually the summer humidity in my beloved mid-Atlantic state is so dense that colors are muted and bland at best. So i was quite surprised to walk outside this afternoon and see this. I thought I might have to use a filter to get the photo to look like the real thing, but the camera recorded it exactly right.
I thought I was in Colorado for a second.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
08/08/2016 11:12 pm  

Hi
Watching the sunrise sky today reminds me that I want a new pair of shoes. Maybe 2.
Drinks anyone?
Aunt Mark
ps that's a very pretty sky, Spanky. I've looked at clouds from both sides now. Hi.

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
09/08/2016 7:16 pm  

Thanks Mark and Spanky for your beautiful skies.
In Mark's sunrise, I love how the sun behind the low clouds on the horizon makes those fantastic long cast shadows that roll right at you. They look like giant wings (or a Morris Louis "veil" painting)
Both day and night sky viewing remains one of the things that I prize the most in life. And I'm sure I am not the only one that feels that way. It's so cool that nobody has found a way to charge for something so important to my existence.
Hard to get Ray to agree with me, but I would seriously consider moving to any place in the country with less cars and more spectacular skies.
Even though I am kind of heavily invested in culture, nature always kicks culture's ass if you ask me.
But nobody did. Just sayin'….

ReplyQuote
HowardMoon
(@howardmoon)
Illustrious Member
10/08/2016 10:24 am  

I never had you down as an early riser Mark, or is it that you are still up from the night before to capture these tranquil dawn scenes?

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
10/08/2016 4:31 pm  

Hi Howard!
Early morning is my favorite time of day. Fact is, I really don't sleep much. Never have.
Best,
Aunt Mark
ps this mornings blast.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
10/08/2016 6:00 pm  

And I like my seersucker suit today.
Hi,
Aunt Mark
ps hi.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
12/08/2016 3:13 am  

Gee -- I can't leave for five days without loveliness ensuing !
Love the Purple Madness photo, Mark. And, needless to say, your endless bouquet of pants -- and, on top of that, the most wonderful sky photos anyone could ask for. I am uplifted . . .
Eameshead, you have my permission to edit your spelling at any time. It's never too late to be correct. Or too soon, if you're Aunt Mark !
I can only say that I have edited some of my posts at Wright Chat (the long-suffering receptacle of the great majority of my typing) multiple times, following initial posting, to correct or improve or revise or retract. Hey, if the software allows it, I call it a modern-day miracle. Try that with a phone call or an e-mail . . . !
I love you all more than I can say. I return after five days, without any courtesy e-mails from DA, to find that I'm not logged in; I have trouble getting the log-in to stick, and finally I see what I've missed. Sigh. I did write Alix a week ago to mention the problem but didn't press for a fix. Maybe I should ?

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
12/08/2016 4:59 am  

Welcome back SDR,
In 5 days since you have been away, the Donald has gone COMPLETELY bonkers, and has just about tanked his campaign once and for all.
I would make a list but it would be too long. And besides, you cannot possibly have missed the high points…
I am pretty sure he suffers from Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder, a legit mental illness. He seemingly has no power to curtail himself from spewing bad stuff.
Just because something enters his brain, he MUST say it.
Anyway, we missed you.

ReplyQuote
fastfwd
(@fastfwd)
Illustrious Member
12/08/2016 6:06 am  

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
12/08/2016 5:48 pm  

Rats!
I wanted to be #1000. I really did.
Best,
Your Aunt Mark
ps I like my pants today.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
13/08/2016 8:38 am  

But honey, ya ARE 1000 -- in my book, anyway ! And I too love your pants today -- even if they do start a riot with your rug.
Should have stated that in the form of a haiku, I know . . .
No, I haven't been out of the country; just away from my DA buds. Ain't Don a hoot ? I'd love to see him melt into the floor like the Wicked Witch. Somebody name the substance to throw on him to make that happen.
"Oh -- I'm melting, I'm melting ! . . oh, what a world . . . WHO could destroy my beautiful stupidness . . . Ohhhhhhhh !"

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
13/08/2016 4:51 pm  

Mark has a perfect batting record, always. Even with the dirty deletes.
Have you all seen the latest Trumpbaiting?
First, he's so easy to bait. Even the silliest of insults gets under his skin and he can't let it go, EVER---think of the whole little hands thing! The Kahn speech at the DNC was bait laid by the Clinton campaign and The Donald played right into their hands with (I think) the most damaging bit of behavior yet in his campaign.
Anyway, so you know the way he always claims that he's "heard people say" that [insert whatever info backs up whatever false claim he's trying to make at the moment] as a way of preemptively shedding any responsibility for lying? ("I'm not making this up! I heard it from a lot of people!" Yeah, right...people who are never, ever named.)
And you know how he now flat out refuses to release his tax returns?
well...
https://twitter.com/hashtag/trumpnambla

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
13/08/2016 6:51 pm  

Mmmmmmm, Trumpbaiting!

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)