DA old timers

DA old timers  

Page 54 / 112
  RSS

Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
29/04/2016 10:24 pm  

I got my Woman Card here-- http://tinyurl.com/hsgmftu (Minimum $1 donation but I'm not *quite* that cheap)
I can't find it now but yesterday I saw a video of Hillary talking about Trump's accusation that all she has is the woman card and that women like him better (!!??!!). She pulled an actual card out of her pocket that said "WOMAN CARD"---it was quite funny, and her campaign turned it into a clever marketing tool. Which, good for them!

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
30/04/2016 12:44 am  

Hi.
I got my woman magnet card. Yup. The Queen. Had to remove the Thermador label. She has nice skin.
Hi,
Your Aunt Mark
ps Hi.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
30/04/2016 6:59 am  

Here's my Queen. (I used to have a diecut postcard of a full English breakfast too, but it disappeared in a move and I haven't seen it since.)

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
30/04/2016 5:22 pm  

It's a celebration of specialness.
Can I get a man card?
And what is the magnetic strip for? The dark, unseen information strip always makes me nervous.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
30/04/2016 6:53 pm  

I don't know what color you are, eameshead, but I believe hetero caucasian men get a Man Card at birth. Not that you seem the type at all to be using it just because you can!
I saw someone else on video listing all the things that a Man Card entitles one to and that so few question because it's been going on for so long. It was done with some humor, but, well---gotta wrap that one up and move on, y'know?
Trump apparently thinks he has the Platinum Man Card Express with Bonus Miles and other assorted freebies and entitlements. I know Hillary isn't perfect but one thing she's very, very good at is dealing with the kind of crap he throws at her. She's been dealing with crap flung at her since the early 90s, quite possibly more than any other woman in public office. Bernie's ideals are closer to mine than hers are, but I don't think he's got what it takes to immediately turn Trump's insults around on him the way Hillary can and does. You have to move SO fast these days in politics. I think that was the problem with Kerry---? He took too long pondering responses and when he finally came up with something, his opponent and the public had long since moved on and it packed no punch at all. So aggravating!
Regarding running mates---I think it was Seth Myers who pointed out that candidates often choose opposites for running mates. Obama the young cool black man chose an old white guy. Old white guy McCain chose a young woman. So it would follow that Trump will choose "a Mexican guy who builds walls and has huge hands"! I love Seth Myers.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
01/05/2016 12:11 am  

Ha !
Someone pointed out recently that Bill Clinton "broke the rule" by choosing another white Southern male for his running mate. (My impression, immediately and thereafter, was that the candidates should have been reversed, with Gore the president. But that's just me.)
If I could do one thing for Hillary, I'd give her a lifetime prescription for throat pastilles. Croaking isn't the loveliest voice quality -- though she only does it when shouting, and exhausted. Go, girl.

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
01/05/2016 3:28 am  

Yeah spanky,
I too was thinking that it is all important that Hillary be able to wise-crack back at Donald quickly. You make a good point about how much practice she has had at taking crap over the years, and now, in this "new era of insults" she just needs to turn up the burner a little bit in her responses to Donald, and she will be fine. I think the country knows Hillary very well by now, and that should be a huge advantage against the vastly unknown and scary entity that is The Donald.
You are correct that I am unlikely to ever play my man card. (Assuming that I kinda sorta even know what one is) But then how can one NOT know at this point?
1/4 English, 1/4 German, 1/8 Swedish, 1/8 Scottish, 1/8 Irish, 1/8 French = MONGREL.
(Or worse yet, "typical white guy". OMG, the horrors!)
I don't give a hoot about all that crap anyway, ya know? But there it is.
SDR, I liked Gore better too.
Hillary will have very much earned the presidency by the time she wins it.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
02/05/2016 7:15 pm  

Older Tom Tomorrow cartoons . . .

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
02/05/2016 8:19 pm  

Sometimes just being of the same species as some of our elected officials is an embarrassment.
So I shouldn't be surprised that a guy like Donald is considered. But I am. I still can't see how….
He is SO messed up. Our nation can (and WILL) do better.
Bad hair, clueless, AND a friend of Sarah.
How do the Republicans expect a woman or a hispanic person to ever trust their party again? Those two demographics are why the math shows Donald to be toast in the general election.
The party of NO now becomes the party of WTF?

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
03/05/2016 4:58 am  

It's twue. Incompwehensible.
We need Dave Letterman back, just so he can make fun of "that thing on Donald Trump's head" as he used to do.
As for the frightening Carly Fiorina (whom I blame every time my HP all-in-one has a senior moment or I have to pay $40 for three grams of printer ink), I need a button on my TV remote that issues the sound that accompanies every appearance of Frau Blucher in "Young Frankenstein" -- you know the one. And I don't care how sexist/lookist that suggestion may be . . . !

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
03/05/2016 6:44 am  

I don't think it's sexist if Carly Fiorina is sexist herself---and she sure seems that way to me! YOW.
I just watched "Game Change" again--the movie about how John McCain's team came to choose Palin and then the ensuing shitstorm. I think i've mentioned it here before but it was even more interesting to watch it after these past six months or so. I think Trump is worse but she was very, very, VERY bad. Much worse than even the worst we saw of her at the time. They hid the really bad stuff. Oy. I just hope there will be some honest tell-alls from Trump's soon-to-be-former staffers in the near future.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
03/05/2016 7:13 am  

Imagine the books that will be written; some must already be underway as we speak. An entertaining movie (who would star ?) would combine the comedy and the tragedy of the Trump campaign.

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
03/05/2016 6:25 pm  

I did see "Game Change"… awesome movie!
Yeah who is that 80s anger talk show guy who smoked a lot, and even went so far as to stage a fake "nazi" bathroom attack on himself just to get publicity? He could have played the Donald for sure.
There is definitely a whole new candidate "genre" forming… Sarah an Donald are the first two in what could become the mold for a whole new lineage of future gimmick candidates. They speak to just enough of the population to get some steam going, and then go down in flames.
It might be that our post-modern electorate (who is actually more powerless than ever) likes to show their power and send messages and play with fire en masse, before coming to their senses.
Perhaps they are just USING the Donald (toying with him a bit before disposing him) so he does actually serve a much needed purpose in our culture...
I'll think of what that is later.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
03/05/2016 6:35 pm  

The documentary movie of this campaign -- or maybe just the Republican half of it -- will be a hoot. Perhaps Michael Moore will take it on. Likely Trump voters, quizzed about the candidate's reliability, often show a stubborn devotion in the face of mounting negative evidence (or at least the suggestion of such evidence). "I don't care; I'm voting for him anyway . . ." is a typical response to a reporter's question.

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
11/05/2016 4:44 am  

"I don't care, I'm voting for him anyway"
I like that answer.
Don't you know? It's the WAY he answers, rather than the answer itself. I guess...
A classic FORM vs CONTENT issue.
The Donald is IN!
If they don't listen to how his views do 180's from one day to the next, then we are lost.
"I don't care"
OMG
WTF
Ain't gonna happen anyway, but I love the way this country plays chicken with itself.

ReplyQuote
Page 54 / 112
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register