DA old timers  

Page 40 / 112
  RSS

SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
08/02/2016 2:16 am  

Lovely. I'd like to copy that to the Wright Chat form. Where was it published ?

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
08/02/2016 2:48 am  

Hello SDR.
It was a sad story.
Fondly,
Aunt Mark
http://www.qconline.com/news/nation/on-the-road-too-poor-to-retire-and-t...

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
08/02/2016 2:57 am  

Thank you, darling. Are you looking fabulous on a Sunday ?

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
08/02/2016 3:14 am  

Why darling, I look fabulous every Sunday!
Casual around the house attire this afternoon. Simple Lilly Pulitzer cotton pants (tomato soup colored) paired with a navy blue Maus Hauffman cashmere sweater. Gucci kicks, no socks. Buzzed.
Hi,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
08/02/2016 3:28 am  

And here is a lovely little film.
Hi,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
08/02/2016 3:48 am  

A Davis ? I can't wait . . . !

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
08/02/2016 4:12 am  

cannaibis is known
to cause lovely and weird films
and heavy eyelids

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
08/02/2016 6:11 am  

Never saw that second vehicle before. Ugly yet compelling. The narration dates it to the end of the 'fifties.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
11/02/2016 12:02 am  

Hi.
Saw this yesterday. Wore something colorful. Then I ________.
Hi,
Aunt Mark
http://www.palmbeachdailynews.com/news/news/local/scholar-sets-the-recor...
ps please note unusual low temperature today. I'm chilled and also cold.

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
11/02/2016 5:40 am  

Good article Mark!
Pollock and Duchamp… two good artists who stopped.
And "no paint over the edge" is not proof that the painting was never cut.
Pollock made lots of paintings where the paint did not reach the edges of the canvas. So they could have easily cut off some empty canvas at one (or both) ends and re stretched the canvas without interrupting any paint drips. Not saying they did, but they could have.
I wonder if that expert guy ever made a painting... Or hung or stretched a canvas while drunk.
I'm sure he knows more than I do. But I bet Pollock did piss in Peggy's house. I have an artist friend that used to pee everywhere when he got drunk. Total pain in the ass.
There are Pollocks with cigarette butts and broken whiskey bottle glass and foot prints in them too. Seems a little more than just stories that support the myth.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
11/02/2016 3:00 pm  

Hi Eameshead.
I prefer the version told to me as a toddler....Jackson brought over the painting and the cheap whisky, Peggy perspired herself into a frenzy, Duchamp took a bath...and Gertrude Stein pissed in the fireplace. Everyone and everything dripped dry.
yup,
Aunt Mark
hi.

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
11/02/2016 3:48 pm  

Yes, the REAL story was that Duchamp quit art to take baths.
Very dangerous move if Pollock was ever his roommate. They didn't call him "Jack the Dripper" for nothing.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
11/02/2016 5:31 pm  

"So they could have easily cut off some empty canvas at one (or both) ends and re stretched the canvas without interrupting any paint drips." Darling, you're not making sense.
If there's no paint on the edges of a canvas, that has to mean that the canvas is in its original shape and size -- doesn't it ? In Pollock's case, his method left no border around the edges of the surface; that is, the paint was flung, poured, dripped over the entire surface, give or take a bit of forbearance near the edges. A reduced stretcher would mean that paint would wrap over the edge, assuming that it wasn't scraped off -- which itself would be an unmistakeable alteration . . . ?
Or, did Pollock paint on flat, unstretched canvas, which was then placed on a stretcher ? A photo here http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2010/07/12/the-mark-of-a-masterpiece suggests that he did. Only close examination would reveal whether a canvas painted like this had been cut on one or more of its edges. Was that your point ? I doubt that such a cut could be disguised as an original edge . . .

ReplyQuote
Riki
 Riki
(@riki)
Illustrious Member
11/02/2016 11:14 pm  

Here is the question. Can I foretell the future or am I just stupid? You decide.
I bought a Hummer in 2008 just before we received word that we were being transferred to Switzerland. This was just before Hummers became the spawn of the Devil and significantly before they stopped producing them altogether.
Bottom line, there is a 2008 Hummer sitting in my driveway in South Carolina with about 25,000 miles on it. My caretaker drives it around the block once every 3 weeks to keep the battery charged.
Now, in Switzerland, I bought a 2010 Land Rover Defender 110 to drive back and forth from the apartment in Lausanne to our chalet in the French Alps. Two weeks ago, Land Rover decided to stop making Defenders. So, sitting in my driveway in Chatel, France is a 2010 Defender with 51,000 kilometers on it.
Question. Do I just keep them in good condition until they are considered museum pieces or do I try to sell them now?
Also, would any of you like me to pick our your next vehicle, because I seem to have a knack for picking dinosaurs. Just in case you were wondering, my next car was going to be a Gelandewagen.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
11/02/2016 11:58 pm  

Pardonnez moi -- but I don't see why you should stop using your Defender just because the factory isn't making new ones. Do you believe that Rover will not service your vehicle, or will stop providing spare parts anytime soon ?

ReplyQuote
Page 40 / 112
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register