DA old timers  

Page 112 / 112
  RSS

SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
07/05/2022 1:18 am  

BTM !  Well, all right.  Your book sounds like a lot of fun---and the choice of how to proceed through it is a novelty I admire and haven't encountered  before. Congratulations !  So glad you're on top of the world---where we should all aspire to find ourselves ?

I find that "old age" is a delight:  my time is my own, and I can do my work better and more easily than ever before.  As for the physical side of things, "use it or lose it" is the operative prescription.  Rock on . . .!

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
08/05/2022 4:50 pm  

New tumblr blog:  SdrewR       First entry:

What is the difference—ethically, morally, as a matter of human rights—between the Taliban in Afghanistan decreeing that a woman will not be seen on the street if more than her eyes are uncovered, and the US Supreme Court decreeing that a woman seeking an abortion may be prevented by law from having one—that she or anyone assisting her might be prosecuted as a result ?

ReplyQuote
Big Television Man
(@big-television-man)
Famed Member
11/05/2022 2:06 pm  

SDR, I'm going to be in SF in late July with my wife and sister-in-law.  I'm slightly familiar with the Duboce area, perhaps we might stop in the shop and say hello if you're going to be in the fix-it space around that time. Sanchez? 14th? Market? Whereabouts is the location, and only if your comfortable in going from a virtual acquaintance to a real world acquaintance. All the best, BTM aka JK Duval 🙂

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
11/05/2022 9:28 pm  

Ho-ho !  That would be great !   I'm in the shop on a regular basis.  Touch base for the hours.  Clipper Repair, corner of Waller and Steiner.  Leave a message at (415) 621-4733.   

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
12/08/2022 6:04 am  

The Sun sets at eight

in August.  But the sky . . . it

is still light at nine !

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
21/04/2024 11:50 am  

Hey, @SDR, just scrolled through older threads and got curious. What‘s up? All good? Haven’t heard from you in a while! 

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
22/04/2024 4:23 am  

Thanks, Herringbone.  I'm good at 81, making a new suite of furniture for my apartment and keeping up with Wright at Wright Chat.  Helped restore a fire-damaged Usonian last year;  nice to do something more for the community than just pontificate !

How are you, and what's up ?   My sister is coming from the other coast to visit, and she sent a couple of her haiku.  I said I used to be in a group that communicated by haiku, and she asked to see samples.  You appeared at the right time !  I'll send her a link. 

Best---Bender

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
22/04/2024 11:31 pm  

@SDR Haha! Great to hear you’re good! And I’m very impressed that you helped to restore something that might be called a national treasure. Of course I‘ve never heard about Usonians  before - Wright wasn’t very active around Germany - but I learned a lot about them in the last couple of minutes. Thank you for that!

As far as haikus are concerned:  I‘m afraid none of the regular attendees here is in the game anymore. But we sure could try.  

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
Page 112 / 112
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register