Design Addict

Cart

Where's tchp? (Lami...

Where's tchp? (Lamino chair)  

RSS

RoxyTyn
(@roxytyn)
04/12/2019 5:15 am  

There was a forum member named tchp who posted here regularly until 2015. Does anyone know how or where I might find them? 

tchp posted in 2009 and 2012 about a variation of Ekstrom's Lamino rocking chair. I have one and would like to get in touch to share some information. 

Thanks so much for your help!

Topic Tags
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
04/12/2019 1:02 pm  

Hi RoxyTyn, I think you can either try and mark him @tchp so he gets a notice via e-mail. Or: you can visit his homepage and try to contact him this way. This is all I know.

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
RoxyTyn
(@roxytyn)
04/12/2019 7:30 pm  

Thanks so much @Herrinbone!

ReplyQuote
RoxyTynHubby
(@roxytynhubby)
06/01/2020 4:56 am  

I'm RoxyTyn's husband. I am attaching a picture of the rocking chair she is referring to. It is clearly in the Lamino style but has no identifying marks to indicate manufacturer. I can vouch for it being vintage as I grew up with it! It was likely acquired at a Scan store in the Washington, D.C. area in the early 1960's. Like the chair in tchp's thread our rocker has flat head screws rather than hex and two splats on the back but is otherwise virtually identical in design to the Swedese lamino chairs.

We recently inherited it and are going to have it restored and reupholstered and are curious if anyone has seen any other Lamino double rockers. There are a few Lamino rockers on sites such as this one on Chairish which is virtually identical to ours and the one tchp found on E-Bay, but it is unclear whether any were actually manufactured by Swedese and all the ones we have seen are singles.

1578283014-Double-Rocker.jpg

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
08/01/2020 6:01 pm  

@roxytynhubby. Perhaps you could consider joining  http://www.retroforum.se/index.php and post your query there. 🤨

Knowledge shared is Knowledge gained

ReplyQuote
RoxyTynHubby
(@roxytynhubby)
09/01/2020 3:46 am  

Thanks Lexi, I may try it though it looks like that forum is very inactive (there have only been seven posts in the entire Furniture forum in the past two years).

Looks like my picture uploaded upside-down for some reason. I have flipped it and attached it below; hopefully it is right-side up this time!

1578537965-Double-Rocker.jpg

ReplyQuote
RoxyTynHubby
(@roxytynhubby)
10/01/2020 3:02 pm  

I sent a few pictures to the current product development manager at Swedese to see what they thought of it. I got back a nice response I am enclosing below. They are sure it is not a Swedese product but do think it is a well-made high quality piece.

Thanks for your nice mail and interesting story/pictures. We have look very closely on the pictures and talked to ”old” guys in the production team. The rocking sofa is very well made and of high quality but it is not a Swedese product. It is about dimensions and material that don´t really fit in. Wrong dimensions and parts in solid wood that should be moulded wood.

Whoever made it, they were very good craftsmen and they really liked Lamino!

(We have produced double seaters of Primo which is a lookalike product but not any rocker) https://swedese.com/products/primo

Thanks you for showing us this nice sofa of yours!

Herringbone and lexi liked
ReplyQuote
RoxyTynHubby
(@roxytynhubby)
28/03/2020 1:24 am  

Just to follow-up, here is our rocker after its renovation (not sure why this forum keeps flipping the image upside down)!

1585355228-IMG_20200313_151415472.jpg

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
28/03/2020 11:12 pm  

Very nice rockin‘ sofa! And also nice Kai chairs in the background. Thanks for sharing. 

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
RoxyTynHubby
(@roxytynhubby)
28/03/2020 11:57 pm  

Thanks! We bought the chairs last year and had them redone.

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
30/03/2020 10:14 am  

Have them too. 🙂

I just see that on my desktop the pic is upside down. My phone shows it correctly. Strange.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register