Page 2 / 2
  RSS

tchp
 tchp
(@tchp)
Illustrious Member
20/01/2012 10:09 pm  

Under the foam, the mesh supp...
Under the foam, the mesh support material (on the newer chairs) has a fabric shield on top of it, stapled in place with a few staples.

ReplyQuote
tchp
 tchp
(@tchp)
Illustrious Member
20/01/2012 10:11 pm  

With that fabric torn off,...
With that fabric torn off, there is the mesh support material, stapled in place with a lot of staples.

ReplyQuote
bj
 bj
(@bj)
Illustrious Member
21/01/2012 2:27 am  

that's great stuff, tchp!...
that's great stuff, tchp! just what I was looking for.
so the mesh replaces webbing? it doesn't get soft or saggy?

ReplyQuote
firkel
(@firkel)
21/01/2012 3:19 am  

If you look at the front...
If you look at the front legs of upholstred chair the are round at the top, but on an weaved chair its a 90degree angle towards the center of the chair.
When weaved there is a gap here, and the extra wood corner helps disguise this gap.
When upolstred this corner is removed, so the foam and fabric looks better around the top of the leg.
Thefore its better to polster or reweave a weaved chair than to weave a polstered chair due to the lack of this little corner.
But this doesnt apply to all the models, only the taburettes og armless chairs with round tops..
As for the upholstery, i cut the fabric in a close to 90 angle, and a little "T" on some fabric fx leather. Tuck under and tighten. The back legs are not quite vertikal so less angle the fabric is cut. If anyone understood that? 🙂
Before that the foam is glued on offcorse. Depending on the fabric i usually leave a gap to the legs (leather fills more than alcantara when folded) a couple of mm will do the trick.
Espen

ReplyQuote
tchp
 tchp
(@tchp)
Illustrious Member
21/01/2012 3:38 am  

Thanks again firkel
I see the triangular section you mention. I assume it is what I have indicated with the red arrows? And, on my black upholstered chairs, I can now see where it has been removed. I had not noticed it before. I was wondering if there were differences between the chairs -- corded or upholstered, so you have answered that question!
I think I can live with having my black chairs corded, even without that nice detail in the wood though.

ReplyQuote
tchp
 tchp
(@tchp)
Illustrious Member
21/01/2012 3:40 am  

bj
I can't attest to the age of my black chairs, but assume they are from the 80's. I think that mesh stuff is pretty durable material. I see no sign of it gone loose at all.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register