Design Addict

Cart

sofa seems familiar...

sofa seems familiar? lumbar support upholstery?  

RSS

LCA
 LCA
(@lca)
Noble Member
04/04/2014 4:10 am  

Hi,
so I have this couch that looks very familiar to me but I cannot find any marks or info on...if you have any research leads please suggest a trail I can follow?

Also, this couch needs new rubber in the cushions and has some flaws in the upholstery...I hope the photo is good enough to show how there is what I think is a contoured back with extra curve at the lumbar area when you are sitting? or has the structure somehow sagged evenly right there?

Is this a style seen in couches of a certain design or designer? thanks for any comments

Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
04/04/2014 8:46 pm  

I doubt very much that
any lumbar support is due to the original material having sagged into that area. Upholstery padding doesn't do that; it stays put whether it's foam or thick cotton batting. If it's thicker in the lumbar area, it was made that way. I've seen lots of Danish furniture with this support built in but not so much in American furniture.
Dunno about the rest of it--sorry!

ReplyQuote
LCA
 LCA
(@lca)
Noble Member
08/04/2014 6:10 am  

thanks spanky
I was hoping to hear from you...really have learned alot from the time and energy you put into to helping us get a cord weaving/upholstery issue understanding of MCM furniture...thanks

ReplyQuote
kcbrains
(@kcbrains)
Estimable Member
08/04/2014 8:25 am  

Smacks hard of
Canadian made, "Danish styled" furniture.
(R. Huber & Co. of Toronto). It's pretty decent stuff, if you can get it with immaculate original upholstery, via grandmas basement... wink

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register