purchases that you ...

purchases that you regret  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

azurechicken (USA)
(@azurechicken-usa)
Illustrious Member
23/01/2006 5:13 am  

M anderson very interesting, what other country in the euro sphere is design savvy?It sounds "strange" but Denmark is half the size of Maine one of our smallest states.

ReplyQuote
Olive
(@olive)
Illustrious Member
23/01/2006 6:49 am  

Off topic, but I'm laughing up here
"Maine, one of our smallest states"...AzC you are SO from Texas. Up here in tiny, frumpy ol' New England, we think Maine IS Texas. Too funny! You big state folks always make me laugh. So many of you think Massachusetts is pretty much Boston from border to border. You should visit and see the total boondocks we've got up here. Never mind Maine, which is really pretty much just trees...and quite a few moose.
On topic:
I'd venture to say that the Swedes or Finns could give the Danes a run for their design savvy.

ReplyQuote
sharplinesoldtimes
(@sharplinesoldtimes)
Illustrious Member
23/01/2006 11:46 am  

Yeah, I would say Finland...
Yeah, I would say Finland and Sweden too.
In this content I'm thinking about countries where you'll find lots of design from national designers (Denmark/Danish design, Finland/Finish design etc.). Perhaps Italy is a good bet too, I'm not sure, though I suspect a country like Germany to be a mix of everything from all countries all around.
Anybody from Scandinavia, Italy or Germany who'll share their opinion regarding this topic?

ReplyQuote
azurechicken (USA)
(@azurechicken-usa)
Illustrious Member
23/01/2006 6:04 pm  

Olive I thought I wrote one of our smaller states!it is in the bottom half as to size, only 9 or 10 are smaller.I wonder will anyone say New York has a high level of design savvy...I love do so love blanket statements (designer blankets)of course.Anderson is design Scandanavian or is it Swedish/Danish/Finnish...etc...

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@klm3comcast-net)
Noble Member
23/01/2006 8:40 pm  

whitespike
I think you were asking me if I had pics of our Danish friends' apartment. I don't. I wish I did since I don't get to go there very often and my kids who are grown and into Danish design don't remember it all that well.
I regret that when we lived there I wasn't so much in love with Danish design. It was beginning to grow on me. If I'd really been into it (and we hadn't been so broke), I woulda crammed our container full of everything I could get my hands on. As it was, I got a nice Morgensen chair with some minor damage and a lot of beautiful smooth granite stones from the north coast of Sjælland (which are really pieces of Sweden that broke off and washed over).

ReplyQuote
Olive
(@olive)
Illustrious Member
24/01/2006 12:21 am  

AzC, I'm not arguing with the facts
just amused by the delivery. Considering that Texas is bigger than all of Scandinavia, it was just rather funny.

ReplyQuote
azurechicken (USA)
(@azurechicken-usa)
Illustrious Member
24/01/2006 3:54 am  

olive,YES
it was a rather strange comment!Maine is an area that is quite beautiful...

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register