Design Addict

Cart

The pieces are begi...

The pieces are begining to fall into place  

RSS

TernisWriter
(@terniswriter)
01/08/2007 1:40 am  

From what I can see, the elite design companies in the U.S. are looking for pure talent, to obtain I must have full understanding of the basics of computer graphics, and a background of achievements, so in turn my first priority is college, which one do I choose, from what I can tell there are the colleges that help you take shotrt cuts to get your degree (not interested), colleges that are well stocked for a good education, and colleges that every top C.G. designer has either been to or heard of, so I guess what I am asking for is a list of options and with the college you are listing a popularity rateing. And or those of you who know how often do you run into an employer who goes off of a good college bad college basis?
By the way I live near the art institute of seattle, is it one someone's going to look at and say wow great school or will the work I submit to future employers really be all that matters? and comparitably speaking how popular is the art institute of seattle against the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD)? http://www.risd.edu/ Take a look

http://www.artinstitutes.edu/seattle/index.asp

Robert Leach
(@robertleach1960yahoo-co-uk)
Illustrious Member
01/08/2007 1:59 am  

RISDI
RISDI is well respected, but at the end of the day, it is the student and their individual talent and skills that is more important than wherethey trained, or even their grades.
Work on a great portfolio!!

ReplyQuote
James Collins
(@james-collins)
Illustrious Member
01/08/2007 3:09 am  

Art Institute of Seattle
If it's affiliated with Art Institute of San Francisco, it's a for profit chain who will promise you anything to get you to sign on. Caveat emptor

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register