Design Addict

Cart

Panton VP Globe sui...

Panton VP Globe suitable for actually lighting a table?  

RSS

fastfwd
(@fastfwd)
Illustrious Member
09/09/2018 5:43 am  

Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
09/09/2018 8:16 pm  

This video on verpan.com (licensed producer of Panton stuff) explains the difference in how the various globe models light a room. They have another one that shows one of the globes being turned in a dark room with dark walls over a wood table.

ReplyQuote
fastfwd
(@fastfwd)
Illustrious Member
10/09/2018 4:32 am  

Ugh, I should have found that myself. Thank you very much, Spanky.

I guess the new colored-glass version (the one in that other video you mentioned) is the one I want. Now to see whether I can find one in the States...

ReplyQuote
My Panton Home
(@my-panton-home)
Prominent Member
21/09/2018 12:48 am  

A VP globe is not a great lamp to hang over a diningtable, if you want to light up the table that is.

Even though i love the lamp endlessly, it was the first Panton lamp i saw and bought, i would not use it for that application.

The glass version is an abdomination in my world, but each to its own 🙂

ReplyQuote
fastfwd
(@fastfwd)
Illustrious Member
04/01/2019 11:18 am  

Thank you, sir. I couldn't find the colored-glass version anywhere nearby, but I suppose that's just as well. I bought a PH5 and of course it's perfect for my application.

ReplyQuote
Kyle Barrett
(@kyle-barrett)
Illustrious Member Moderator
05/01/2019 11:19 pm  

And in my opinion far classier and more versatile. I want one too now...

ReplyQuote
fastfwd
(@fastfwd)
Illustrious Member
28/02/2021 10:11 am  

Following up two years later with another anecdote, like the one I posted a few years ago about Knoll, that illustrates the level of customer service you can receive when you buy from a top manufacturer:

The PH5 worked and looked great, and I couldn't have been happier with it.  And then I moved a few months ago, and in the process of unpacking it I accidentally separated it and dropped the shade, badly bending it.

Took some photos and emailed them to Louis Poulsen, fully expecting the repair to cost a significant fraction of what I'd originally paid for the lamp.  They said they could definitely help, but asked me to work through my dealer because they're not set up to deal directly with the public.  So I contacted the dealer, Hive Modern, and told them the story.  But then I got busy at work and didn't follow up.

Two weeks later, I asked Hive Modern for an update.  They said, "Oh yeah, was about to call you.  Louis Poulsen are sending you a replacement lamp at no charge; it should arrive later today."

And sure enough, a new thousand-dollar lamp showed up on my doorstep.  They didn't even ask me to send the broken one back.

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
28/02/2021 10:22 am  

@fastfwd. Impressive customer service indeed. 

Knowledge shared is Knowledge gained

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register