Page 2 / 2
  RSS

SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
09/11/2017 11:37 pm  

Spanky: exactly !

Mark -- and that's just with Futura Medium, the least bold of the Futura font offerings on TextEdit, my computer's native composition app. When I had Adobe Illustrator I was able to do much more, including kerning and other micro-adjusting of the typography . . .

Yes -- number one is my choice, too, I think. It carries over the lower-case content of the former logo (which I don't like because it doesn't read well: you have to stop, think, and interpret it before understanding and assessing it. Not good intuitive communication).

That logo still shows up as a mini-icon next to the URL that appears in my browsing history. I wonder how long that will continue . . .

Is the tan accent color on this page new ? If so, what color was it before ?

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
10/11/2017 12:42 am  

Oh..that's not tan, it's beige.

Hi,

Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
10/11/2017 1:49 am  

Thanks. I'm reminded of a piece of dialog found in the middle of Albee's 'The American Dream":

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
10/11/2017 3:21 am  

I have to say that I was pleased with how that set of design exercises, quickly done with automated typographic tools (TextEdit for iOS), came out. I would be happy to see Design Addict use any part of that set as a starting point -- or employ any of it verbatim -- without credit or compensation.

The letters in the two words make a happy combination of round and linear form, in both upper and lower-case settings, don't they. The many circular elements, nicely distributed, and the verticals in contrast, are all happily disposed, it seems to me. One takes what one gets, in a typographical assignment; I always rejoice when things fall into place as if intended . . .

ReplyQuote
tktoo
(@tktoo)
Illustrious Member
10/11/2017 2:30 pm  

Daddy (to show he's paying attention): "Two words, dearest, 'metameric shift'."

ReplyQuote
tktoo
(@tktoo)
Illustrious Member
10/11/2017 2:33 pm  

And three more: No edit button! 🙁