Design Addict

Cart

Moller 83 dining ch...

Moller 83 dining chairs  

RSS

Plumeria
(@plumeria)
27/04/2024 8:49 pm  

I have two older Moller 83 dining chairs that have breakage of the cording in the front of the seats. I would like to sell them but am wondering if this issue would mean a significant price reduction. Would it be worth it to have a repair shop that does this type of weaving create new seats?

Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
28/04/2024 12:08 am  

@Plumeria This situation definitely implies a price reduction, as the buyer will need to invest both time and materials to repair the weaving. However, the silver lining is that this type of weave is relatively simple to repair. In fact, if you can obtain Danish paper cord, you might even consider tackling the repair yourself, which I highly recommend. Alternatively, you could opt for a professional repair service, but be aware that weaving can be time-intensive, which may result in higher costs.

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
Plumeria
(@plumeria)
28/04/2024 5:18 am  

Thank you so much for your response. I have actually looked into doing it myself....found a DIY video that shows you every step and an online store that sells the cording. Like you mentioned, it's a time consuming but fairly straight forward process. Maybe I'll give it a go! 😉 Thanks for the encouragement! 👍 

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register