Design Addict

Cart

Leolux vintage furn...

Leolux vintage furniture, any known designers?  

RSS

Reamie
(@reamie)
Illustrious Member
21/10/2018 8:23 pm  

Hi all, I recently picked up a rosewood (I think) sofa and two armchairs labeled Leolux. They

Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
23/10/2018 10:26 pm  

That's weird. I know this design, it was made by Gervan a Belgian manufacturer.

It was either produced in a transparant manner, with open arms and nylon strings in the back,

or filled out like the one you have.

ReplyQuote
Reamie
(@reamie)
Illustrious Member
24/10/2018 1:32 am  

bj that

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
25/10/2018 3:52 pm  

if you google "leolux talentenboek" you can download for free a history in dutch .Loelux worked from 1959 with Harry de Groot as ther only and main designer and later engaged freelance designers as Rudolf Wolf see page 80 the so called contract series . On page 68 a corporation?colaboration with a belgian designer is mentioned Wilfried van Esbroek on the next page you see 5.5 5.4 the models that resulted and produced The colaboration wasshortlived Leolux continued to work with the dutch company The Ster. I cant find a relation between Gervan and van Esbroek. Your does not seem to be very leolux to me off course i could be verry wrong On page 84 you seehowever a very similar chair the 637

maarten

ReplyQuote
Reamie
(@reamie)
Illustrious Member
25/10/2018 3:57 pm  

Wesemael thank you for that, I definitely couldn

ReplyQuote
wesemael
(@wesemael)
Noble Member
19/12/2019 4:57 pm  

@reamie

is this your chair Then it is definitly leolux and designedby rudolf wolf

i am sorry you cant download the leolux talent book  and dont know how to mail it

PS part of my remarks seems to be in the box or tread of reamie

wesemael

1576771051-DSCF3187.gif

ReplyQuote
wesemael
(@wesemael)
Noble Member
19/12/2019 4:59 pm  

@reamie

is this your chair Then it is definitly leolux and designedby rudolf wolf

i am sorry you cant download the leolux talent book  and dont know how to mail it

PS part of my remarks seems to be in the box or tread of reamie

does thislinkwork

https://www.leolux.nl/IManager/MediaLink/704/44922/5414/0/

wesemael

1576771192-DSCF3187.gif

ReplyQuote
Reamie
(@reamie)
Illustrious Member
21/12/2019 12:45 am  

Wesemael thank you so much for that! I still have the set, and I’m delighted to know more about them! 

ReplyQuote
StislerMelic
(@stislermelic)
14/07/2021 11:48 am  

Greetings from Miami to everyone who is still here! I see that you’re true furniture lovers and the most loyal customers of Leolux. That sounds really great, because I’m also a fan of Scandinavian concept. This kind of furniture always looks modern as if I bought it yesterday. However, it would be nice if you share some hints how to identify vintage furniture of a particular designer. I’m absolutely sure that every designer has his own specifics which can help a simple customer to recognize his piece of art.
I bought a sofa for myself at an affordable price not long ago and everything was fine until I saw the exact same model on my neighbor’s backyard. The sofa pretended to be Leolux-branded (it looked a lot like some other models), but in reality it was a pure fake and it wasn’t vintage at all. A few weeks later I found some hints that explained how to identify vintage furniture. If you can say some information which can help me to spot a real Leolux in addition to what was written above, you’re definitely welcome.

StislerMelic

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register