RSS

Fotogrfr
(@fotogrfr)
04/05/2018 12:23 am  

objectworship
(@objectworship)
Illustrious Member
04/05/2018 1:16 am  

Weird photo, kinda far away to tell. It looks like relatively recent vintage, though the shapely mirror and the pierced lower frame of the mirror are somewhat unusual these days. Category-- slightly nouveau generic European traditional. Fine furniture but not a Design Piece. Nicely matched Phillipine mahogany. Not super fancy but not bad either, reasonably tasteful. Applied decorations that are likely lacquered molded plastic resin, if it's newer. Any plastic on the drawer guides? Closer pics or pics of cab. interior and drawer bottoms etc. may help to better estimate age. Don't sweat it too much though.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
04/05/2018 2:09 am  

Hi.

Does it have a Mahogany Association Number on the backside? And what country are you in?

Hi, and more

Aunt Mark

ps it might help. why not?

ReplyQuote
tktoo
(@tktoo)
Illustrious Member
04/05/2018 3:07 am  

1900-1930's American neo-something-or-other. Part of a bedroom suite common to the period.

If in good shape, could work as an accent piece in the right setting.

A closeup of drawer construction, bottom, back, and/or case interior might help with dating.

ReplyQuote
Fotogrfr
(@fotogrfr)
05/05/2018 2:46 am  

Thank you for your comments and help thus far.

The photo looks odd because it was taken in my garage and there was a lot of clutter around it so I cut it out and pasted it on a white background. I left the mirror alone though so you can see the garage ceiling and door reflected in it.

Here are a few more pictures that might help. Nothing in it or on it appears to be plastic. There are no drawer guides... the drawers slide and rest on the wood bottom of each 'drawer box'.

ReplyQuote
tktoo
(@tktoo)
Illustrious Member
05/05/2018 5:26 am  

Stylistically, it's a mishmash. Could be as late as the 1940's but, otherwise, everything I mentioned above applies. Pieces like this were mass-produced and available at any furniture or department store in the US at the time. Not rare or valuable.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register