Frits Henningsen ca...

Frits Henningsen catalog and design info  

RSS

teakhound
(@teakhound)
Prominent Member
17/08/2018 7:49 pm  

Hi team,

My love of Frits Henningsen's work has finally reached a tipping point, so I have been searching for more historical information on the designer and his pieces. However, I have been fairly unsuccessful in finding books, catalogs, etc. on the topic.

Does anyone have recommendations for books and other reliable sources of info on Henningsen? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

teakhound

P.S.

leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
17/08/2018 8:24 pm  

You are a glutton for punishment! Finding documentation on Frits Henningsen is going to be next to impossible.

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
17/08/2018 8:29 pm  

Hi there. Frits Henningsen is something special for sure, but I don

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
18/08/2018 12:48 am  

Teakhound - Back in 2008/2009 Andrew Hollingsworth, a former Chicago dealer of Scandinavian design/furnishings published a book called Danish Modern & its primary focus was Danish designs from the 1930s/40s, the major key players & cabinetmaker pieces & less on production examples. Maybe (?) he can share some research information on Frits Henningsen & if I remember right, FH was included in the book (but maybe I could be wrong). Sorry, it has been almost a decade ago since I read that book & cannot offer a review if it is worth your while but my overall impression at the time was it was not as bad as the other design books out there published about the same time.

https://www.collectorsweekly.com/articles/danish-modern-author-andrew-ho...

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Home/Design-Dose/August-2008/Andrew-Ho...

ReplyQuote
teakhound
(@teakhound)
Prominent Member
28/08/2018 7:04 pm  

@lief

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register