Finn Juhl for Søren...

Finn Juhl for Søren Willadsen  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

Andersen
(@andersen)
Noble Member
04/10/2021 9:13 pm  

are the BoBedre magazines any better than the Dansk Kunsthandvaerk ? I had the chance to have a look at a few Dansk Kunsthandvaerk but I see that the adverts are always the same in nearly one decade. I was expecting more and more diverse furniture in there... any thought ?

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
05/10/2021 12:54 pm  

Totally depends on what you want. Dansk Kunsthaandvaerk was the outlet for the Danish crafts association. So at least until around 1960 you'll mostly find ads from the  almost exclusively CPH based cabinetmakers among other craft based workshops. I enjoy reading (well... as far as my shitty Danish alows) it very much and over the time the ads change. BoBedre is much different. It's a consumer based magazine that deals with living and furnishing issues. There you'll find ads from industrial furniture makers like FDB, Soborg, Fritz Hansen as well als smaller companies. The ads are completely different from Danks Kunsthaandvaerk but you'll also find the same ads by the same companies over and over again. More interesting are the lists of products which are shown on the photos with prices and all. But if it comes to ads, Mobilia is probably what you are looking for. But not easy or cheap to come by, at least not the interesting years.   

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
Andersen
(@andersen)
Noble Member
05/10/2021 12:58 pm  

I agree, Mobilia seems to be difficult to find.

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
05/10/2021 1:58 pm  

@andersen Where are you located?

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register