drawer for Knoll Si...

drawer for Knoll Sideboard  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
06/03/2018 3:19 pm  

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
07/03/2018 5:06 am  

Which drawer? Which sideboard?

ReplyQuote
David S
(@david-s)
07/03/2018 6:32 am  

This is the drawer from my model 116

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
07/03/2018 6:37 pm  

Thanks David, this is very kind. Unfortunately I am looking for a different kind of drawer. My fault, I should have been more precise. It's the one in the picture. But thank you nevertheless.

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
07/03/2018 10:11 pm  

I have a Knoll credenza, a picture of which I posted some time ago under "Florence Knoll credenza". It differs from your picture having walnut exterior, cane not pandanus, and white painted interior walls. The drawer and shelves are, however, oak. The bottom is plywood covered in felt; there are two crews on bottom rear serving as stops. Here are pictures.

ReplyQuote
_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
07/03/2018 10:45 pm  

The only main difference that I can see are the radiused corners of the (earlier) American made Knoll Associates interior drawers compared to the (later) European Knoll International version otherwise, it is an identical interior drawer construction with very minor adjustments/modifications in the shape of the parts mainly the shape of the second piece from the front. Florence Knoll (the designer) is still with us at 100 years young, maybe she gets to decide...

Thanks David S & Chase for sharing your interior drawers.

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
07/03/2018 11:53 pm  

Very cool, thank you, guys. You've been a big help. Since the European version is simpler, I will use that as a model for the front, but for the back I will use the ones you posted. I'll show you the result if it does not turn out too embarassing.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
08/03/2018 4:17 pm  

it s nice

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
20/03/2018 1:11 pm  

Hi chase, hi david, could maybe one of you give me the overall hight of your drawer in question plus the hight of the front piece? Centimeters were great, if possible. Thanks in advance.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
20/03/2018 2:28 pm  

The side maximum height is 11.2 cm, the front 6.2 cm. Neither is a nice, round number in cm or inches.

Charlie

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
20/03/2018 3:10 pm  

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
28/04/2018 9:20 pm  

It took me quite some time, but here they are. I think my first wood working project ever came out pretty good.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
28/04/2018 11:27 pm  

Bravo!

Best,

Aunt Mark

But I simply can't believe that this is your first woodworking project. A picture of your Grandmother would help ease my doubts. Let's have a drink.

ps. do you have a garage?

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
29/04/2018 12:05 am  

Yes, I had to learn how to use tools and machines and how to cut dovetails first. I thought it would be easier (and cheaper) to be honest. Cheers.

ReplyQuote
leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
29/04/2018 6:05 am  

Looks very good! Congratulations!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register