double wall drink g...

double wall drink glasses  

RSS

ite (BE)
(@ite-be)
Famed Member
17/09/2006 3:14 am  

hi guys,

does anyone have any personal experience with double wall glass tumblers? (it does not necessarily need to be Bodum)

ite (BE)
(@ite-be)
Famed Member
17/09/2006 3:15 am  

glass tumblers link 2
heres another link:
http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.asp?MD=1&GID=30&LID=506&CHK=&SLT=&mscs...

ReplyQuote
Olive
(@olive)
Illustrious Member
18/09/2006 3:19 am  

I like them
I use the small rounded ones from Bodum (Pavina). They're great for green tea, you can hold them comfortably and enjoy the gorgeous color of the tea.

ReplyQuote
koen
 koen
(@koen)
Illustrious Member
18/09/2006 7:45 pm  

I was involved..
in introducing the Bodum products in Canada so I guess I am not completely objective, yet, I find the double wall glasses rather fragile...is it tension left from the production process? I do not know but we went through six of them in no time. Just not to spread any rumors about our way of handling glasses and dishes....we still have every single piece of Arabia's "Ruska" we bought 37 years ago...and we are using them extensively because we have no other dishes in the house. So enjoy but be careful!

ReplyQuote
ite (BE)
(@ite-be)
Famed Member
18/09/2006 11:16 pm  

the use of double wall glass tumblers
i was fishing a little since i have just bought a set of four glasses. i have liked the design for a long time, so when i finally came across a shop that sold such glasses, i went for it.
I like them for lots of reasons. 1. really like the clean flowing line of the glasses 2. love the versatility, as they can be used as a simple water glass and as a teacup for hot drinks. mine are somewhat taller, so they would also be excellent to serve a nice dessert after dinner, e.g. some blueberries with vanilla custard. 3. And i also absolutely love the reason Olive has already mentioned, namely it is lovely to fully see the thing that is inside the cup, be it raspberry tea with a hint of milk, or classic chocolate. Don't know, isn't that a characteristic of nice tableware, that it draws attention to the food, and makes the food look really appealing and appetising? (I was tempted to use the term tactile, but that seems a bit too farfetched.)
Koen, I do not think you do strange things to your dishes. The first time I was washing up my glasses, water ended up between inner and outer shell for one of them. so it appears that welding of the seams between the inner and outer glass was not fully closed. And I really did not do anything strange to my dishes either. The other three are fine though, and an absolute pleasure to use.
So I guess it is a really nice design with a good concept, but not easy to produce.

ReplyQuote
ite (BE)
(@ite-be)
Famed Member
21/09/2006 11:28 pm  

Duralex glass
oh, i just forget to mention: before buying the Double Walled Glass Tumblers i had Duralex glasses. Well, actually i am still using them in a very similar way: both for cold drinks and hot tea. I never had any problems with breaking, chipping or not being able to take the heat from boiling water. I must have them for about four years now, and they are used on a
daily basis. Maybe they are a bit more sturdy ?
ite
http://www.villagekitchen.com/mfg/bormioli/duralex/picardie/art/picardie...

ReplyQuote
ite (BE)
(@ite-be)
Famed Member
21/09/2006 11:30 pm  

another Duralex model is
this less traditional looking one
http://www.villagekitchen.com/mfg/bormioli/duralex/viva/viva_t/viva.html

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working