What is your favori...

What is your favorite candlestick ?  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

ite (BE)
(@ite-be)
Famed Member
17/09/2006 3:53 am  

This is really a very thematic question.

But there seem to be so many great candlesticks out there, made out of all different materials (wood, glass, metal etc), in all kinds of sizes, amazing shapes and colors, classics and brand newly designed ones. So in this wonderful forest of flickering flames, what is (or are) your personal favourites?

I like the Albicantes Iris candlestick for wooden ones.

http://www.albicantes.com/products-flame.html

vivienne
(@vivienne)
Illustrious Member
17/09/2006 11:27 pm  

My two favs.
Danny Lane glass one (mental) and Borek Sipek for Driade (simon), i have both and like them very much.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@klm3comcast-net)
Noble Member
17/09/2006 11:38 pm  

me too
I have some old Danish candlesticks that are very similar to the Iris ones you linked to. They're my absolute favorites. They're teak. I got four of them at an auction for $2.

ReplyQuote
Brent
(@brent)
Illustrious Member
18/09/2006 3:21 am  

Solingen Candle Holders
My favorite are these by Solingen. They're stainless steel, and with candles in them the look like rockets--an intentional look I'm sure.
http://www.asiamodern.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1079

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@wsgatesix-netcom-com)
Prominent Member
19/09/2006 9:29 am  

Rude
Rude Osolnik made some real beautiful candles, and all hand turned wood!
http://www.rudeosolnik.com/

ReplyQuote
Stephen
(@stephen)
Noble Member
19/09/2006 9:48 am  

iittala
Every evening I set the table and my wife and I sit down to a proper meal with nice music (Hotel Costes) and three glass iittala tealight holders flickering in front of us. We love the soft light they give off and the gorgeous colours you can get them in. I have 2 in purpley-blue and 1 in smokey-grey. I am saving up for the red, which costs a lot more to produce.

ReplyQuote
Olive
(@olive)
Illustrious Member
20/09/2006 2:11 am  

Never ever perfect
Stephen the red is more expensive because the color is gotten from pure gold, right. I think I remember reading that somewhere.
As for candles...well they used to be an obession of mine. I've tamed my habit, but I have tons of candle sticks that I've bought all over the place, from a cut little shop in Uppsala Sweden to a snotty design shop in Paris to Target and IKEA. Nothing has ever been 'perfect'. I have some I quite like that we use on the dinner table like Stephen does, but none that ever seem to be perfect. I think that they are more of an 'eye candy' thing for me rather than an investment item. The link is to my current favorites. Simple, cheap and recyclable when I'm bored of them.
http://www.cb2.com/family.aspx?c=585&f=2784

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@zwipamoohotmail-com)
Noble Member
20/09/2006 2:38 am  

my
my favorite candelstick is a shweppes tonic bottle...(25cl). with all the wax that dripped of it. So no piece of design for me, although somebody designed that bottle as well!

ReplyQuote
ite (BE)
(@ite-be)
Famed Member
21/09/2006 11:14 pm  

wood and metal for candles
spanky, that is one lucky find! cheers to you. I can only hope i will ever come across such a lovely set at such a price one day. If they are not yet on the best bargain ever thread, they surely deserve a place there.
hey Brent, i had never seen the candle holders you linked to before, so i guess i just learned something new. i actually like them, so thank you for the tip !
Perhaps a bit diffent, but i also like Robert Welch's sixties cast iron candlestick. (And his cast iron nutcracker, but perhaps thats a bit off topic here.) Apparently Margaret Howell does have a red version in her Homes collection (perhaps if i ever take a trip to London. . .)
ite
http://www.robertwelch.com/product.asp?instanceid=274500

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@nickseastarhotmail-com)
05/10/2006 2:40 pm  

Water lily
I like the new candleholders by Stelton. They are called "Water lily" and I like their simple but very beautiful design.

ReplyQuote
bix-91
(@bix-91)
06/10/2006 2:59 am  

PK -101
By far far far the most beautiful candleholder I have ever seen - the PK 101 hanging candleholder Kjaerholm designed in 1956 - shaped like a spiralstair with the candles climbing up - made of chromeplated steel and impressively tall at 44 1/2 inches...

ReplyQuote
friism
(@friism)

ReplyQuote
Robert Leach
(@robertleach1960yahoo-co-uk)
Illustrious Member
12/12/2006 6:41 pm  

Agreeing with Ite
Again !
Probably my favourite are the Robert Welch cast iron ones
[IMG] [/IMG]

ReplyQuote
Robert Leach
(@robertleach1960yahoo-co-uk)
Illustrious Member
12/12/2006 6:42 pm  

try again

ReplyQuote
ite (BE)
(@ite-be)
Famed Member
12/12/2006 8:37 pm  

Hey Robert. :oD Yes, I think...
Hey Robert. :oD Yes, I think we do seem to share a bit of similar style & stuff likes & dislikes. Your choices usually ring a bell for me too. I loved your weekend place, still think it is a shame you are moving. (However, I can understand you are eager to tackle a new project & cheers to this new adventure ;oD. )

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register