Design Addict

Cart

Does anyone have a ...

Does anyone have a working link to the Danish Furnituremaker's Control Organization Members List? The old one doesn't work anymore.  

RSS

KevinNModern
(@kevinnmodern)

lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
18/03/2019 9:32 pm  

That list you are looking for was posted by Leif,one of the most knowledgeable members on this Forum. ( his last post was 2 months ago)

As of the 4th Febraury 2019 I was unable to access the "old" Forum.

I had actually bookmarked that thread as it was very informative ,but as you have found ,it is no longer accessible (I should have saved it to my files)

Maybe someone else here had the sense and foresight to do just that!!

At the moment only threads from 2 years ago to present are available on the "new" Forum.

The site administrators have assured us that they will do their best to migrate all threads, if possible, as long as their database can support it.

You could contact the administrators to see if they can help.

Lexi.

Knowledge shared is Knowledge gained

ReplyQuote
leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
23/03/2019 1:23 am  

We need a new forum.

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
23/03/2019 8:19 am  

Thank you Leif.

Have downloaded the PDF and saved to files.

Lexi.

Knowledge shared is Knowledge gained

ReplyQuote
leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
24/03/2019 2:26 am  

You are welcome.  You can find me on Instagram as MovableModern.  I am not sure how much I will be on the forum here.  It is disgusting that the new owners are showing no appreciation for the volume of knowledge that was recorded here and just proceeded to delete the vast majority of it.  This makes me very hesitant to contribute knowledge here anymore.  

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
24/03/2019 9:16 pm  

Hi Leif, could you name the source? Is it a newer book or a contemporary publication?

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
scampolo
(@scampolo)
28/03/2019 8:46 pm  

I feel the same way, Leif, it's pretty disrespectful and shows, that they don't have sense for design and its history.

I suppose they only have economic intentions, I won't be surprised if this website is sold to Lauritz soon, and Lauritz will delete it as they did it with deconet.com

Means, we can forget this website.

ReplyQuote
scampolo
(@scampolo)
28/03/2019 8:57 pm  

Let us look for an alternate to compare our enthusiasm for design, this website is no longer worth to profit from our knowledge.

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
29/03/2019 2:25 pm  
Posted by: scampolo

Let us look for an alternate to compare our enthusiasm for design, this website is no longer worth to profit from our knowledge.

This sounds a little too destructive for me

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
scampolo
(@scampolo)
29/03/2019 6:57 pm  
Posted by: Herringbone
Posted by: scampolo

This sounds a little too destructive for me

Well, but if the admin team is no more able and willing since months to reconstruct the old forum with all its informations, it shows their lack of interest.

And if the member with the best and deepest knowledge (Leif) is leaving the forum because of this fact, we can forget it. 

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register