Cart

"String" chairs  

RSS

SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
08/01/2015 6:40 pm  

I wonder if anyone can shed light on these outdoor chairs . . .

Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
08/01/2015 7:14 pm  

Some dealer friends of mine sold a pair of these with ottomans awhile back---they called them Sun Tropic chairs but I don't know if that's the actual name or not...??  
If you do a google search for "sun tropic outdoor lounge set" you'll find them.  Unfortunately those are really common keywords so tons of other stuff comes up if you do a search for Sun Tropic chair or furniture.  I couldn't fine any other examples though I'm sure they are out there somewhere.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
08/01/2015 10:18 pm  

They've been identified as designed by Allan Gould:
https://www.1stdibs.com/creators/allan-gould/furniture/?mobileBookmark=true
"I've seen those attributed to the Canadian designer Allan Gould in the past. (He created the iconic compass chair for Herman Miller in the 40s, and later for Gould's Functional Furniture)"
http://savewright.org/wright_chat/viewtopic.php?t=8060

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
09/01/2015 1:38 am  

The 1stDibs listing says "in the style of" and the other is just "I've seen these attributed to Allan Gould", which I don't think can be construed as proof.  
The Allan Gould chairs are really similar in structure but I'm not seeing that he did any like these--only the armless side chair and lounge chair.  Of course I could be dead wrong.  That's usually the case.  (ha)
I wonder if these are one of the wonderful "inspired by" designs produced by a company like the ones who did the rattan hoop chairs and similar things from that era?  
I didn't sit in the ones my friends had but they said they were very comfortable!

ReplyQuote
anamikamurty123
(@anamikamurty123)
09/01/2015 8:13 am  

These are actually woven. Can be used in sun, on the terrace or at home also. What are you confused about? just enjoy it's like recliner chair are you trying to sell it?

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register