So let's see your stuff!  

Page 3 / 5
  RSS

Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
20/05/2014 12:02 am  

hi I clock
It is the orange and yellowish/ochre custom paint job, and it is vintage. (It is the actual clock that was pictured in the echoes mag article. I traded for it years ago)
Everything pictured is vintage, except for the desk.
(cats needed a place to hang out, so I caved in and got a re issue)

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
20/05/2014 1:40 am  

My dearest Eameshead,
As suspected, the space that you share with Ray is beyond divine. I would cherish nipping on a decent vodka whilst perched upon your womb chair. Very cool, indeed.
Your friend,
Aunt Mark
ps to be edited...probably

ReplyQuote
gropius
(@gropius)
Honorable Member
20/05/2014 1:47 am  

Eameshead clock number 2
Sticking with the theme about your clocks, what do you know about your black and white clock? I mean the black triangle/white triangle one (kite clock?). I grew up with a clock just like that and wonder if you know anything about it. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
I Clock
(@i-clock)
Trusted Member
20/05/2014 1:50 am  

EamesHead
It was offered that way for a while according to the original Howard Miller catalogs. I remember the Echoes article too. I have a brass one, have never seen another vintage Yellow/Orange other than yours. great find.

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
20/05/2014 2:24 am  

thank you very much
Mark- I'm assuming that all the clutter atop the storage unit must be the tip off that I live with Ray. I would be honored to have you spill vodka on my womb chair. But only if it was because you were laughing too hard at one of my lame jokes! It goes without saying that you would be blazed, and would find anything I said hilarious. Thank you for not blasting me about the clutter. Bahahahaha
I clock- Thanks! I don't get many chances at the super rare clocks, and feel very lucky that I happened to have a tradable find that the person wanted. The guy I traded with was extremely reliable, so I knew it was real. But its still nice to have that confirmation from you, as I know you know your stuff regarding Nelson clocks. I have enjoyed looking at your clocks for many years on this forum! I am not sure if I have seen your Flock of Butterflies yet though.
edit: I didn't know it was offered as a stock color combo for a while-- thanks again!
gropius- There are three black and white clocks so I am not sure if you mean the Kite clock beneath the Flock of Butterflies? (or if you mean the asterisk, or the "splat" clock on the blog header.) Maybe you could just edit your question to be more specific? Happy to answer! I got the "splat" recently on ebay, the other two long ago in trades.
EDIT for GROPIUS re KITE CLOCK: all I know is that it's a circa 1948 design, and that I got it in about 1995 or so, and have had it ever since. The body is wood, and the face is metal, with wood peg hour markers, and red hands.
These were made in other custom colors too, but this is the most common color and I am a big fan of black and white anyway. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
gropius
(@gropius)
Honorable Member
20/05/2014 3:06 am  

OK, then I know something interesting about it ...
I googled it and found other examples including close up pics. That is definitely the same clock that I grew up with. I spent a lot of time looking at it as a child - one of the pegs had fallen out so my dad replaced it with a cut down golf tee. Which was close, but not a perfect match, and I used to stare at it comparing the shapes of the pegs, bothered that they didn't quite match ... obsessive/compulsive much?
Anyway, I can add that the designer of this Kite clock was John Kapel, according to John Kapel. He used to go out with my Mom before she married my dad, and they exchanged christmas cards. He lived in California but was on the East coast once and visited us, and upon seeing the clock on our wall stated "I did that clock" (according to my dad).

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
20/05/2014 3:34 am  

interesting story gropius
There are so many people that designed for George Nelson-- it must have been kind of like being an artist at Lucasfilm! The top guy always gets the credit. I like your story about the golf tee too.
Those childhood images stay forever don't they?
Definitely OCD ing a bit there! (I know that one all too well)

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@teapotd0meyahoo-com)
Illustrious Member
20/05/2014 4:36 am  

EH
Nice collection of stuff in a cozy place.
jesgord, stellar as always.

ReplyQuote
shipwright (UK)
(@shipwright-uk)
Famed Member
20/05/2014 2:54 pm  

Stuff happens
Dedicated to darling Aunt Mark. We know he feels like this everyday. Check out Aunt Mark's pants @ 3:32...www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaKr9gWqwl4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaKr9gWqwl4

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
20/05/2014 6:38 pm  

Oh my lord,shipwright,
You have quite a sharp eye! Those pair of Lilly Pulitzer pants have been missing every since that trip to the Cinderella Laundry-Mat! Also pilfered were a couple of vinyl tank tops that used to belong to SDR. The crime occurred sometime between the spin and the rinse cycle's. He must return them before the holidays, as I'm planning to spend several months with the Jesgord's. They have nice accommodations.
All the best,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
shipwright (UK)
(@shipwright-uk)
Famed Member
20/05/2014 7:10 pm  

chez Jesgord
I'm surprised I wasn't in any of the Jesgord shots, I've been staying there for several months already!

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
20/05/2014 7:16 pm  

my pants!
Thanks woody. You consistently win hands-down for the coolest and tightest arrangements of STUFF collections in various incarnations. Fine tuned to perfection.
And as a small space dweller, I appreciate the power of negative spaces, and that STUFF needs room to roam too. I think shipwright's vast array of objects has the ideal amount breathing space.
His textures and walls and empty spaces easily qualify as cool "stuff".
Off to school for a while. Have a great day.

ReplyQuote
kin1117
(@kin1117)
Famed Member
20/05/2014 10:00 pm  

It's hard to find a spot not...
Before and after baby stuff took over the living room.

ReplyQuote
jesgord
(@jesgord)
Illustrious Member
20/05/2014 10:32 pm  

Shipwright-I was wondering...
Shipwright-I was wondering who that was in the conservatory....now I know. Thanks for keeping things so tidy.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@teapotd0meyahoo-com)
Illustrious Member
20/05/2014 10:34 pm  

H. Moon
BTW, love your bathroom. Had not seen it before.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 5
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register