Cart

Replacing Generic S...

Replacing Generic Shockmount  

RSS

NULL NULL
(@photocodygmail-com)
Trusted Member
21/10/2011 10:19 am  

I picked up two fiberglass chairs that I'm still trying to figure out who makes them. The bottoms have 4 rubber shock mounts that whoever reinstalled used way to much epoxy and the bottom looks like a mess. The screw slots also seem to be pretty stripped as well so I want to replace the shock mounts but my question is where do I get new ones? The ones in the front seem to be standard Eames size but the ones in the back are an inch tall and have a slant to them. Any thoughts as to where I could pick them up?

If I can at least save the awkward sized ones and just replaced the Eames sized ones what do you think the best way to get all of the epoxy and what seems like silicone off without damaging the rubber? I wish I took pictures before I dropped them off at my dads but I didn't think about it till now.

Also these are worth it to restore, I spent $25 on the two and they're going to clean up nicely, just need to figure out my shock mount problem.

tktoo
(@tktoo)
Illustrious Member
21/10/2011 8:00 pm  

Really need pics
in order to offer proper advice. I think, though, that any rubber mount you're planning to remove should be discarded unless by some miracle it pops off clean and is still somewhat supple.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register