Tempestuous
Tempest in an...Eva Zeisel teacup.

ReplyQuote
Krenit
(@ahilavahotmail-com)
Noble Member
20/09/2012 5:10 am  

Killian, the difference is...
Killian, the difference is you contribute to the forum. Not just take. Also, you are a dealer with years of experience, Jean runs an overpriced consignment shop .

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
20/09/2012 7:40 am  

get help from Mom
bj,
Ask someone for help with your writing style, the use of capital letters and puncuation. That string of words you call a sentence is just sad.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@teapotd0meyahoo-com)
Illustrious Member
20/09/2012 8:09 am  

Rules
Forum rules much? I guess this is one way to get around them.

ReplyQuote
swer37
(@swer37)
20/09/2012 9:03 am  

My two cents
I must say I am a little surprised that this discussion has gone the way it has. All of us are on this forum because we love modernist design. Some of us are purists, and others have melded our love of modernism with our desire to make a living. Jean has done what some of us dream of doing, and she is trying to offer the best products and the best service she can. A lover of modernism may walk into her shop tomorrow and inquire about those leather chairs, and it serves us all if she can provide accurate information. This forum is a clearinghouse of information - nothing more, nothing less. Since there is no central database for every piece of modernist furniture that has ever been made, we all depend on forums like this to gather and disseminate information. Jean is not giving away her products by any means, but she is selling some very nice items, priced in accord with her market. If you're used to finding your stuff at garage sales, then Jean may seem overpriced. If you just bought a million dollar mansion and you are looking for some really great furniture, Jean may be the person to see. It's all part of the same thing - the love of modernist design.

ReplyQuote
cheesedanish
(@cheesedanish)
Trusted Member
20/09/2012 10:15 am  

Exactly right Swer37
This forum is a clearinghouse of information. I think jean's things are overpriced but the market will decide whether she stays in business or not. She only asked for an ID of her chair not a valuation. As JLL said "this is a tempest in a teacup and Eva Zeisel's face seems to be telling us that life's too short to argue over this. Be nice and live and let live.

ReplyQuote
Krenit
(@ahilavahotmail-com)
Noble Member
20/09/2012 10:38 am  

You are right swer. She is...
You are right swer. She is doing just what I wish I could do. Taking people's furniture, selling it for top dollar regardless if I misrepresent it because I don't have a clue, without investing in it or knowing anything about it. If it does not sell, I can dump it or they can take it back.
It's a genius buisness model. I only wish I thought of it first.

ReplyQuote
foxxxy
(@foxxxy)
Famed Member
20/09/2012 10:55 am  

"$4500 for the pair?!?...
"$4500 for the pair?!? Really?"
I don't think the price is too bad.
I'd rather pay $4500 for a pair of these mystery chairs instead of blowing the same on a single original rosewood eames 670 that will fall apart after a year of use.
I am pretty sure that 90% of all id threads here are ultimately to determine resale value. I dont get what the big deal is, aslong as they dont advertise.

ReplyQuote
bobbdavs (UK)
(@darrengraverhotmail-co-uk)
Honorable Member
20/09/2012 5:57 pm  

exactly foxxy I have seen...
exactly foxxy I have seen numerous ID threads from dealers on here and everybody has been forward coming in helping them in the past. I think the fact the Jean has actually posted a photo of her shop and said that it is her shop is more honest than most, and deserves the help on ID that she requires. Going forward I hope that in return Jean can help contribute to the forum in the future, which makes it the place that it is.

ReplyQuote
Killian
(@killian)
Illustrious Member
02/12/2012 3:20 pm  

Possible ID
These reminded me of the chairs from this thread....could be the maker. Richbilt Mfg co.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221158233245?nma=true&si=nfaD3F7GNjZZOeN5IWQcIyI...

ReplyQuote
jbtirza
(@jbtirza)
Reputable Member
03/12/2012 10:34 am  

Why
Is everyone so awkward about people who devote their energy in selling beautiful things to other people. Runnng a business costs money you know. We all need to make a living. A dealer may also have questions about ID's thats good so they are tagged right. Now give the lady a break

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register