Cart

Rare chair ID  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

Jean
 Jean
(@jean)
16/09/2012 5:09 am  

Can anyone help me ID who designed and manufactured this chair. It is a walnut base with top grain leather which has been refurbished. Thanks

TinyArmada
(@tinyarmada)
Famed Member
17/09/2012 5:02 am  

Hmmmm
Still with a price tag attached, too.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
17/09/2012 6:11 am  

Your point,
tiny?

ReplyQuote
Jean
 Jean
(@jean)
18/09/2012 12:56 am  

Yes, I am the store owner...
Yes, I am the store owner and am selling these, so that is why we have a price tag on them......

ReplyQuote
Killian
(@killian)
Illustrious Member
18/09/2012 1:22 am  

is your shop online jean ?
is your shop online jean ?

ReplyQuote
Jean
 Jean
(@jean)
19/09/2012 4:13 am  

yes...
yes www.giveandtakedallas.com - thanks!

ReplyQuote
Krenit
(@ahilavahotmail-com)
Noble Member
19/09/2012 9:05 am  

$4500 for the pair?!? Really?
$4500 for the pair?!? Really?

ReplyQuote
Krenit
(@ahilavahotmail-com)
Noble Member
19/09/2012 9:14 am  

Ah, I see,,,
"Jean...
Ah, I see,,,
"Jean started Give & Take... following a successful career as a corporate finance professional."
Don't have any idea what it is, better price it high.
So if we provide an ID for your chairs, what happens to the price then?

ReplyQuote
fastfwd
(@fastfwd)
Illustrious Member
19/09/2012 11:24 am  

Come on, Krenit.
It's a consignment shop. Neither Jean nor the seller know what the chairs are worth, so OF COURSE they set the price high. "Don't have any idea what it is, better price it dirt-cheap" would be a retarded way to do business.
Once the chairs are identified, the price can be adjusted to reflect the real valuation. I assume that that's why Jean was asking for an ID in the first place: It's in her best interest to price the chairs accurately.
What's the big deal?

ReplyQuote
Killian
(@killian)
Illustrious Member
19/09/2012 4:28 pm  

This all seems unnecessarily ...
This all seems unnecessarily mean. I see very little difference between Jean's question and the other hundred or so similar ones asked in last few days.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
19/09/2012 6:39 pm  

POS chairs
Krenit,
Why not give this person a chance to have a "successful career as a consignment store professional" by doing their own homework.
Killian,
The difference between Jean's question and the others is that Jean is running a business and looking for "free" information to increase her profit.

ReplyQuote
Killian
(@killian)
Illustrious Member
20/09/2012 12:33 am  

Niceguy,
I also run a...
Niceguy,
I also run a business selling furniture and I sometimes ask for ID's....I've never had anything ID'd yet mind you though I have answered numerous ones for other people. Should I be treated badly if I ask a question about something I intend to sell ?
K.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
20/09/2012 1:24 am  

No idea
Killian,
I have no idea how you should be treated. That is a matter for all others to decide for themselves.

ReplyQuote
cheesedanish
(@cheesedanish)
Trusted Member
20/09/2012 2:18 am  

My idea
I think Jean should be treated nicely and not slammed just because she wants to make a profit. You don't like her price then don't buy it or politely tell her what you think the value should be. So what if she's looking for free info. We all are and even if we don't own a store most of us want to know what our things are worth and yes, we may even sell something one day for a profit. Or, perhaps the forum should require the person who wants the info to paypal a couple of dollars to the 1st person who makes a correct ID. Just a thought.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
20/09/2012 3:23 am  

Not
cheesedanish,
Having someone execute due diligence to determine the value of an item (appraisal) for a retail establishment is generally not free and is "the cost of doing business".
When you make the statement: We all want to know what our things are worth, speak for yourself. I do not require any assistance in determining the value of my pocessions.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register