Pottery around the ...

Pottery around the home  

Page 7 / 7
  RSS

Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
01/12/2014 11:35 pm  

I picked up this shallow dish at the Fredriksberg flea market just outside of Copenhagen about 9 years ago.  I was so pleased to get it, especially since it was only about $10!  It has no markings but I always thought it was something special.
Then just the other day I was looking at Danish pottery online just for fun and happened upon nearly the same dish but with markings---Dybdahl Danmark!  Woohoo!  I should say it was exactly the same except for the design on the inside.  Same shape, clay color, handles, etc.  
Turns out they made tons of beautiful things and I am now in love with them.  It seems like they didn't repeat glaze designs much..??  If I ever find one of those little bird cups/bowls/whatevertheyare, I think I will faint dead away from happiness.

ReplyQuote
tchp
 tchp
(@tchp)
Illustrious Member
02/12/2014 7:10 am  

I have a mixed bag of things. Some of the better known makers like Bitossi, Martz, and Royal Copenhagen.  And some studio pottery that is more or less anonymous, or by potters of local fame. 
I really have a hard time not picking up any decent little piece of Japanese import ceramics from the 50's and 60's when I see them in thrift shops.  I have quite of few of the pieces by Otagiri, UCTCI, etc.  Many of them try to emulate the works of Lisa Larson.  They have no particular monetary value, but many are nicely crafted.

ReplyQuote
tchp
 tchp
(@tchp)
Illustrious Member
02/12/2014 7:28 am  

Spanky,
I just Googled Dybdahl, and it was some neat stuff indeed.

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 7
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register