Polishing Eames Lou...

Polishing Eames Lounge Base  

RSS

mjf451
(@mjf451)
Trusted Member
15/03/2010 6:35 am  

Hi folks,

So I was hoping to clean up and polish the base to my lounger. I know that the Aluminum Group chairs have some sort of coating on them, so you shouldn't use a polishing agent. Is that the same thing with the Eames lounger bases? What can I use to polish them up to look like new?

Thanks!

Poach
(@chrome1000hotmail-com)
Noble Member
16/03/2010 4:27 am  

Mother's aluminum polish
It's available at any auto parts store, and does an amazing job.

ReplyQuote
Lenox
(@lenox)
Famed Member
16/03/2010 5:07 am  

A couple of weeks ago
A few weeks ago I posted three eames group chairs with a request to identify how to polish them. My buddy Tim instructed me to use mothers aluminum polish applied to a buffing ball that can be purchased at any automotive supply store. I will include before and after photographs of a chair that he completed with this application. Additionally, the coating is usually on the arms and not the base. In solidarity, Lenox

ReplyQuote
Lenox
(@lenox)
Famed Member
16/03/2010 5:08 am  

A couple of weeks ago
I posted three eames group chairs with a request to identify how to polish them. My buddy Tim instructed me to use mothers aluminum polish applied to a buffing ball that can be purchased at any automotive supply store. I will include before and after photographs of a chair that he completed with this application. Additionally, the coating is usually on the arms and not the base. In solidarity, Lenox

ReplyQuote
mjf451
(@mjf451)
Trusted Member
16/03/2010 4:35 pm  

Cool, thanks guys! I'll...
Cool, thanks guys! I'll check out the local auto/hardware store and pickup some Aluminum polish.
Thanks again!

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register