Cart

Oak furniture king/...

Oak furniture king/land?  

RSS

afridih
(@afridih)
12/11/2015 5:02 pm  

Hi guys,
I've been looking for some good furniture online. More specifically, oak furniture. The reason for this is because I want furniture that will last me a long time. A one time fairly large payment which will last me years to come sounds more attractive than having to replace furniture every year or two because it was made from cheap material and broke. And believe me with clumsy children like mine that can easily happen! I still love them though :D..Anyway...I have two retailers in mind which are
1) Oak Furniture King
2) Oak Furniture Land
I would like to know, has anyone purchased from any of these companies before? If so, was the transaction and the overall process smooth or was it problematic???It would be great if anyone could help me out...
Cheers,
Ammaar!

cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
12/11/2015 5:20 pm  

Both are sham companies that I would stay far far away from. Hopefully others looking into these companies in the future will read this warning and avoid doing any business with them. I would go so far as to recommend that they advise all their families, friends, and pets to stay away as well.

ReplyQuote
afridih
(@afridih)
13/11/2015 12:42 pm  

Hi,
Apologies if I wasn't clear enough, but I'm looking for some kind of reasoning behind the answers, not just "oh well they're a sham company and and so are they because I said so". Have you actually had any bad experiences with any of them?
I'll give you a few more details so you know what I'm looking for. I already know that Oak Furniture will last me a long time so what really matters to me are 3 things;
1) Customer Service throughout the transaction
2) After Sales Support
3) Good delivery
I see Oak furniture Land provide a finance option, but I see a lot of bad reviews about them circulating on the internet (they even have their own facebook hate page which I just found which has almost 500 followers)
Oak Furniture King don't do a finance option however their reviews seem a lot better and so they're now looking like a more attractive option.
I've also now heard about Oak Furniture Solutions...Any chance you've had a run in with them before?

ReplyQuote
bj
 bj
(@bj)
Illustrious Member
13/11/2015 1:24 pm  

Oak Furniture, Oak Furniture, Oak Furniture... You've got to be kidding, right?

ReplyQuote
jesgord
(@jesgord)
Illustrious Member
13/11/2015 2:29 pm  

I buy all my oak furniture from Eddie. His prices are Insane!!!
via GIPHY

ReplyQuote
tktoo
(@tktoo)
Illustrious Member
13/11/2015 2:42 pm  

Thank you, Jes!
That brings back memories, hazy as they are.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
13/11/2015 2:58 pm  

Ah, Crazy Eddy! I was a student in NYC back in those days. Good times.
To the OP--I don't know anything aout those two companies. This isn't the right place to be asking anyway---this is a forum dedicated to design of the 1950s and 1960s, not new furniture.
That said, I'll just say that furniture doesn't last forever simply because it's made of oak. It has to be designed well and constructed properly. Case in point: my parents bought a dining table and chairs and bunk beds made of solid, heavy oak back when I was very little and I never remember any of it not being wobbly to the point of nearly falling apart. The joints worked loose and could not be made to stay tight no matter how many times they were reglued and clamped.
I would stay far away from any company offering cheap prices on tons of furniture if my goal was to make a single lifetime investment.

ReplyQuote
tktoo
(@tktoo)
Illustrious Member
13/11/2015 4:00 pm  

Spanky, once more you have been too kind.
Methinks our new friend, Ammaar!, is a lazy sac a merde more interested in selling crappy "oak furniture" than acquiring any.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
13/11/2015 4:12 pm  

Yeah, you're probably right. Well, at least the info is there in case any other rubes stumble upon this discussion in their google search for "quality oak furniture lifetime investment" ---hahaha.

ReplyQuote
DrPoulet
(@drpoulet)
Illustrious Member
14/11/2015 12:16 pm  

Have you also considered the following shops?
- Royal Oak Furniture
- Oak Furniture Superstore
- Oak Furniture House
- Oak Furniture Company
- Oak Furniture UK
There is also a shop called Oak Furniture NYC if you don't mine a bit of travelling...

ReplyQuote
afridih
(@afridih)
18/11/2015 12:56 pm  

Apologies if I'm on the wrong forum guys.
To Spanky, I guess you're right that no furniture will last you a lifetime. I just want it to last as long as possible and I think forking out a little bit of extra money is the way forward. I find the same thing with clothing, shoe shopping, electronics etc
Maybe I will just buy from Crazy Eddy...

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register