Design Addict

Cart

Niels Moller dining...

Niels Moller dining Chairs in Mahogany  

RSS

Dagmar
(@dagmar)
09/01/2015 7:27 pm  

Hi all, Has anyone ever seen Niels moller 78 dining chairs made in Mahogany? I have been offered a set by someone for sale but have only seen pictures so far. They say they are mahogany and the wood looks very dark in the pictures. I have only ever seen the 78's in Rosewood or Teak so assume they are rosewood but they are sure they are mahogany.   

leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
09/01/2015 8:40 pm  

Never seen that, but Møller does use a variety of woods: Teak, Rosewood, Oak, Cherry, Maple.  I remember even seeing some in pine once.  So it is hard to imagine that they never, ever used mahogany, even for a custom order.  Note also, that I've seen other chairs in Afrormosia that look a fair bit like mahogany, as both woods can have similar interlocked grain patterns, and depending on the patina on the Afrormosia, it can be passing through a very mahogany like color phase.  

ReplyQuote
charlie-charlie
(@charlie-charlie)
Trusted Member
09/01/2015 11:37 pm  

I have never seen moller 78  in mahogony bat I have them in rosewood and the wood looks very dark too. Maybe they are mistaken. Rosewood has more reddish hue and mahogony more brownish. Can you post some pictures?

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register