My CSS bookshelf  

Page 3 / 3
  RSS

RetroSixty
(@retrosixty)
Illustrious Member
05/03/2009 10:15 am  

Hi Pegboard - I will drop...
Hi Pegboard - I will drop you an email later on today.

ReplyQuote
Lunchbox
(@lunchbox)
Illustrious Member
05/03/2009 10:28 am  

Pegboard,
Give me your email address. I might be interested in either of the two.

ReplyQuote
DudeDah
(@dudedah)
Noble Member
05/03/2009 7:59 pm  

$100??!?!
How did they have it listed on Craiglist that you DISCOVERED this on Craiglist?
Pegboard, I would also like to get in "line" for the sale should the others not pan out. dudedah@gmail.com

ReplyQuote
Lunchbox
(@lunchbox)
Illustrious Member
06/03/2009 1:16 am  

Reckon I'll just drop my email address to make things simpler...joshuacurrie@comcast.net

ReplyQuote
janelom-44
(@janelom-44)
08/03/2009 9:26 am  

CSS Installation
My husband and I decided tonight to assemble our newly purchased late model CSS. We now have 3 of the 4 poles up but the system does not seem stable at all. Our poles our tension mount floor to ceiling with some small aluminum round feet for the bottom. Since our den has terrazzo the feet slide out from under pretty easily. Our ceiling is also slightly pitched. Since I don't have a copy of the manual I keep thinking we must be missing something.
Can I add the cross support bars to my existing floor to ceiling poles (provided I could locate some)? If not I may have to find wall mounted poles and replace the poles I have now. Any other ideas on how I can make it more stable?

ReplyQuote
barrympls
(@barrympls)
Illustrious Member
08/03/2009 4:24 pm  

janelom, you must have a flat solid floor surface to assemble
the system, plain and simple.
I have one large installation of 5 poles with 15 shelves, a desk unit and a pendaflex cabinet resting against the wall and without the top spring tension pieces. I can get away with this because of the weight of the stuff on the shelves (my CD collection, some books and my stereo gear.
The sheer weight on the unit keeps it stable.
CSS was designed (front poles) to rest 3" away from the wall, but to do that you need solid floor or carpet and a ceiling that does not pitch much.
Try resting the unit against the wall.
However, it depends what you're using the system for. If you're not putting much on the unit (like the photo at the top...my other installation), then you'll have to have it professionally installed with stabilizing top and bottom bars that are actually screwed into the wall using the connector plates that you'll need to anchor into the wall.
I do have a high quality photocopy of the assembly instructions and component checklist (over 50 pages) available for $20.00.
email me at barrymn1@msn.com if you're interested.

ReplyQuote
BenMJohnson
(@benmjohnson)
03/01/2016 4:08 am  

I'm just a few years late to this thread, but have a couple large CSS installs going in. Did anyone ever get a PDF version of the CSS Installation Guide? I have issues paying for photocopies.
Also looking for pieces and possibly with have some to trade as well.
Thanks!
Ben
ben@libertytech.net

ReplyQuote
barrympls
(@barrympls)
Illustrious Member
06/01/2016 12:55 am  

Well, I ran out of copies of the installation and instruction booklet, and had a dickens of a time getting more copies made. I finally did and they're up on a eBay at the set sale price of $38.00 (printing has gone way up).
If you have enough parts to set up a CSS bookshelf installation, YOU'LL ABSOLUTELY NEED this instruction manual. An original is extremely hard to find and sell over $100.00.
This is a reasonably way of learning how to set-up these components. There's also a checklist of the parts that could be ordered in 1962-63.
Check it out on eBay by search "Nelson CSS"

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register