Message from Charle...

Message from Charles Stendig  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

malabar
(@malabar)
06/04/2016 10:02 pm  

Mr. Stendig
Thanks so much for your offer to help with vintage Stendig items. I could not reach your email through the link at the top of this page. I can be reached at abbynash@gmail.com / 607-351-6695.
I would greatly appreciate your assistance with a coffee table I believe is marked "Stendig" underneath. It is from the 1960s 24.75 X 49” top, 15”H. My questions are: were these made with white or black painted frames; where were they made; and who designed them? I can send pix after you hopefully reply.
Thanks again,
-Abby Nash

ReplyQuote
postmoderniste
(@postmoderniste)
18/05/2019 3:38 am  

I feel like this thread may be defunct (as is the email once associated with Mr. Stending's name in the first post). I'm curious about a Stendig label (see photo) on an Eichenberg Omega table. I know the table was designed in Switzerland by Mr. Eichenberg and, according to all available lore, discovered by Mr. Stendig by happenstance in the Hausmann brothers' Zurich showroom. A 2016 interview with and profile of Mr. Stendig states that the furniture sold by the Hausmanns was produced in Switzerland. However my Omega table has a Stending tag reading "Made in Finland." It stands to reason that the Omega table could have been shunted into production at the (potentially) larger Aska factory in Lahti, Finland as it seems like Stendig had a close relationship with Asko, and they were definitely informing each other's work, even if Stendig never *officially* manufactured anything. But of course I'd rather be sure 🙂 Anyone else ever come across a Swiss Stendig piece marked Finland?

1558143524-Den_28-115.jpg
1558143737-Den_28-003-Edit.jpg

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register