The Last Thing That...

The Last Thing That You Acquired #47  

Page 5 / 8
  RSS

niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
27/09/2016 10:23 pm  

I went back out and got the Michael Lax green enamel cast iron butter warmer with stand for Copco Denmark and this interesting C4 belt in the original packaging. This too is good.
modernefamilie congratulation on your Dansk pepper mill. Good for you.

ReplyQuote
Zephyr
(@zephyr)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2016 12:38 am  

5 bucks on the JHQ pepper mill? awesome! I was just perusing ebay looking for a cheap straggler pepper mill today, and could't find one under 60 bucks shipped!

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2016 3:54 am  

Hi. Help. Hi.
Today an elderly socialite friend gave me her Limoges service for 8, including some serving pieces. It was her wedding china, probably upper end. Only marriage, no kids,friendly divorce, decent settlement. Now I am not in love with it, yet I don't hate it. I just can't decide. It has a nice quality feel,and a decent history, but the pattern is a bit girlish (gay). Should I donate it? or should I serve Thursday nights meatloaf on it? What would SDR do? What would you do? I feel pretty.
Fondly, and hi,
Aunt Mess

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2016 4:08 am  

". . . . . . .And yuh ARE pretty, Blanche . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I mean, Bill . . . . . . ."
Well, the colors really are nice -- a rich tomato red and a clear sapphire/azure blue ? But I couldn't see it on my table d'hôte (whatever the heck that is); isn't there a museum in Palm Beach ? The Lah-wurd knows there's enough heritage silver and china on any one block to reverse our trade deficit with China for decades to come.
This service was designed for the friggin' Marquise de Pompadour !! It's too good for you, deah . . . Get rid of it immediately . . .! It's probably haunted.
SDR
Just kidding . . .

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2016 4:20 am  

hi SDR,
You are too funny. I've been feeling very elegant for 2 or so weeks, but this china might be a bit much. I need to take a puff and ponder. Could I serve chicken? What would I wear? Spanky?
Oh!
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2016 5:46 am  

I think you must wear a pompadour and a replica of Elvis's white jumpsuit but lined in whatever Lilly pattern clashes best with the china, and then flash the lining every chance you get. The menu should include fried chicken and green bean casserole with canned onion rings on top, and Orange Crush in tall glasses (spiked with your choice of 160 proof something or other). Make a cake for dessert. Heels optional.

ReplyQuote
_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2016 8:36 am  

Mark, find a plate rehab artist like Sarah Cihat that reglazes over vintage plates with a pattern and colors that you like over that or ask your socialite friend again politely if by chance there is another Limoges plate set with a chicken already on it. Her name is Paloma and she's a fashion diva and her famous father was originally accused of stealing the Mona Lisa....
I don't know why these uploaded upside down.
(edited by DA - pictures fixed)

ReplyQuote
keewee
(@keewee)
Noble Member
28/09/2016 9:56 am  

Technically, the last "thing" I acquired was a starving pit bull with a broken leg off the side of the road on a trip to buy a set of Jens Quistgaard nesting tables and Iversen planter. She's been my only road side find. That was in July. Haven't had time for much else since then, though I've got my eyes on a Paul McCobb desk. They used to be exceedingly common but seem to have gotten expensive and harder to find lately.
You gets what you gets. Lucky for all the bounty that comes my way, especially her.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2016 4:35 pm  

keewee
Your priorities are in the right place. Congratulations on your new family member.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2016 4:38 pm  

Marvelous suggestions above! Good morning!
Now minimoma,
I wonder if there would be a way to glaze this picture of me (taken when I was a brat in 1964) onto the center of each plate...leaving the girly flowers? Then I could pile fried chicken on my face. Green bean casserole, too...all the whilst wearing something simple. Marvelous.
Fondly,
Aunt Mark
ps Limouges is dated 1970, have the receipt from Neiman Marcus arriving soon. Marriage lasted 10 years. Husband was gay, and wore ascots around the house (we never met, but I saw some snappies). I must serve at least 1 tacky dinner party on them. What a shame. Who would pick such a pattern? My god. Probably a Republican.
pss coffee cups and demi cups have small handles for small hands.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2016 4:52 pm  

Kind of like this, but on the china with the flowers.
Best,
Aunt Mark
ps The dude (or ?) on the chair seat is not me. No.

ReplyQuote
_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2016 4:58 pm  

Mark you should visit Sarah Cihat website and look at her rehab plates/dishes and if you are serious, it can be done.
Thanks D.A.!

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2016 5:18 pm  

Perfect. I will.
Many thanks,
Your Aunt Mark
ps I would use the new dishes for special occasions like funerals, new car purchases, etc.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2016 5:22 pm  

and keewee,
You are an angel for rescuing the pup. Now how do you make those orchids bloom like that? WoW!
Best,
Your Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
29/09/2016 12:41 am  

keewee -- that's quite a smile on dog # 3, in the back . . . !
Hoots to all. S

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 8
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register