The Last Thing That...

The Last Thing That You Acquired #47  

Page 3 / 8
  RSS

leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
19/09/2016 6:34 am  

The Chiavari chair is a vernacular chair 'design' from the part of Italy around the northwestern coast:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiavari_chair
It is a vernacular style chair sort of in the same way that the Windsor chair is a vernacular style chair particularly from Britain. And many designers have been inspired by it to create their own interpretation of the Windsor chair.
Gio Ponti obviously appreciated the chair and it was the inspiration for his 'superleggera.' There are about a million iterations of the Chiavari chair out there.
Otto Gerdau was a furniture importer in New York. Doubt he had much of anything to do with these chairs except selling them.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
19/09/2016 4:59 pm  

Interesting! Thanks!

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
20/09/2016 1:00 am  

Prior to a medical appointment I was able to visit Goodwilll and acquire the Gunnel Sahlin Isadora candlestick for Kosta Boda 69020 (stock image of exact unit). Less than one dollar is good.

ReplyQuote
TinyArmada
(@tinyarmada)
Famed Member
21/09/2016 3:59 am  

Aunt Mark,
For years I've had knoll marble tulip coffee parked in front of my sofa that I'm terribly attached too. Maybe I'll put in a second sofa so I can use another coffee table.
And you are 100% correct, even though the table has five separate surfaces, you can use at most two objects on it total unless you want to ruin the entire effect. Sigh. And I still don't know who made the damn thing.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
22/09/2016 4:41 am  

Well, you can't go wrong with a tulip table. Tough choice. So today after breakfast I stumbled upon a sketchbook from your neck of the woods. Dated 1936, I think. It has been a joyful addition to my twisted afternoon cocktail hour. I shall share a few tattered pages. Hi.
Hi, I am
Aunt Mark
ps drinks anyone? my round.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
22/09/2016 4:43 am  

and hell, here are a couple more pages.
from Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
22/09/2016 4:45 am  

Hi.
I can't edit the snappies of my cars.
Sorry,
Aunt Mark
ps I like the sketchbook, and I like all of you.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
22/09/2016 6:59 pm  

I purchased the Michael Graves round and square wood table clocks for Architectural Products (Gilbert)* and the Swiza 1904 Business Club stainless steel table clock today for ten dollars (all fully functional).
* Architectural Products (Gilbert) manufacture confirmed by Graves Design.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
22/09/2016 7:04 pm  

Presentation is everything...
The Michael Graves square and round wood table clocks for Architectural Products (Gilbert) with an Oliver Hemming mantel clock for Ziro on a Carlo Mazzeri Avio stainless steel tray for International 4008 by Alessi 115-35 are all finds from August 21st through yesterday.
This is an acceptable grouping.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
22/09/2016 7:06 pm  

From moments ago an Erik Lehmann Mepal melamine pitcher for Rosti and the Uta Gooseneck Women Artists in the 20th and 21st Century for Taschen 25. I like both brands.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
25/09/2016 1:12 am  

Hi!
The sweet older cross dresser down the street dropped off this large cast iron pot nearly full of a bean/ham soup chock- full- o love, and insisted that I keep the pot (because I told her I love the color). The soup was divine (still have a tad left). Stop on by.
Bye,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
25/09/2016 1:56 am  

The Ann Warff Snowball votive for Kosta Boda, Gunnar Ander crystal bird and Christer Sjogren Viking for Lindshammar Glasbruk Sweden with a Konst Glashyttan Urshult controlled bubble paperweight on the Kalmar Denmark 18/8 stainless steel tray looks good. The Kalmar tray and Kosta Boda votive are from today. The three other glass pieces are from the last two months.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
25/09/2016 10:04 pm  

Today I got the minor Tassilo von Grolman Tipsy stainless steel and plastic bottle stopper for Ritzenhoff and some good reading with The Allure of the Automobile Driving in Style 1930-1965 for Skira Rizzoli. Good good.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
26/09/2016 6:42 pm  

I took a bunch of art from my brother in NYC awhile back to reframe for him---mostly just things that meant a lot to him personally. But there was one screen print that I loved a lot. I finally got them done in time for a visit from him this weekend. He was really happy with everything and quite wowed by this print. His late wife had gotten it in a thrift store years ago and it was probably in poor shape back then--it had been framed with acidic matboard and backing and there were a lot of dead insects between the mat and backing but thankfully no trace of them on the art itself (i will refrain from saying the species; let's just say they were a bug that is said would survive a nuclear bomb, at least in NYC).
Anyway, I made him promise that if he ever wanted to get rid of it, that he had to call me first. He paused for about 2 seconds and then said, "You know what---you keep it." WHAT?!?
So now it's mine and I'm really really happy and I will reframe anything he wants for the rest of his or my life. What a good brother.
The surname looks like Chonate, which is Peruvian, but that's all I know. The printed area is about 30" wide. It's a screen print in black ink and the colors are pastels, I think. The paper is very thin and is now very fragile thanks to the poor quality framing materials but it's in archival stuff now so i hope will be ok for a good long while.

ReplyQuote
(@stevieg)
Prominent Member
26/09/2016 8:34 pm  

Latest find Swedish tray table unsure of designer

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 8
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register