Cart

The Last Thing That...

The Last Thing That You Acquired #43  

Page 8 / 8
  RSS

(@ponyboy)
Noble Member
14/03/2016 5:30 am  

Picked up this Skovmand and Andersen table w 5 chairs on kijiji for $160 CDN : ) Just happened to be looking a the right time (for once!)

ReplyQuote
teakhound
(@teakhound)
Prominent Member
14/03/2016 10:11 pm  

tyler – That is a bicycle rack and holds up to four bikes. I had one years ago but cannot recall the manufacture.
Loved mine until I decided my knees were no longer fit for cycling and parted with all of my Guru steel-frame road bikes... sad day.

ReplyQuote
waffle
(@waffle)
Illustrious Member
14/03/2016 10:17 pm  

IT IS A BIKE RACK. Aha!
Now it is a coat rack. And works perfectly.

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
31/03/2021 5:20 pm  
Posted by: cdsilva

Picked up a Mogens Kold teak dining set today: a circular extension table with butterfly leaves, but with only three chairs. Apparently there might be a fourth buried in the warehouse somewhere, but it's out of sight for now. The table was previously refinished with a lacquer top coat. While I prefer oil finishes, I'll probably leave this as is, since I will not keep it.
First time I've seen a butterfly extension firsthand. The leaves hide nicely within the rails, then rotate around a metal pipe before spreading its wings. I prefer the draw leaf design for extension tables, due to avoiding the split in the middle of the top. But the mechanical nature of this design is nice as well.
The chairs are documented in old ads as model MK-175, designed by Arne Hovmand Olsen. The table has a Mogens Kold label, but I have yet to find a model number or definitive proof of the designer. I might give it up to a year to find a solo chair to make a set of four, but the odds are always tough going that route.

@cdsilva. 5 years later. Went searching the Forum for Mogens Kold. Very frustrating, as almost zero images have survived the various changes over the last few years. For some unfathomable reason the image of your recently acquired MK table and chairs did. I know you mention that you would not be keeping them but for future reference or for anybody doing a Mogens Kold/ Arne Hovmand Olsen search ,I can tell you that what appears to be your table is  Model 216. Found the info on Mats Linder's site where he has posted an MK catalogue ( in German).

Link to that page for anyone who is interested.

http://www.matslinder.no/2016/01/06/mogens-kold/

ps. interesting that he posted this on his site 3 days after your post on DA !

1617204041-mogens-kold-dining-table-mats-linder.jpg
1617204219-Mogens-kold-dining-table-specs.jpg

Knowledge shared is Knowledge gained

ReplyQuote
cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
31/03/2021 6:26 pm  

Thanks, Lexi. I did see that catalog shortly after posting that. And by good luck, a single chair did pop up on eBay for cheap within a year, which was only a 45min drive away so no shipping costs either. It's not often you get to fill out a set of three dining chairs for a reasonable cost. Both table and chairs are long gone.

1617208192-IMG_0591.jpg

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
31/03/2021 6:35 pm  

That was Good Luck indeed..

ReplyQuote
Kyle Barrett
(@kyle-barrett)
Illustrious Member Moderator
01/04/2021 10:38 pm  

I'm looking forward to a new one of these, does anyone have a good idea of what number thread we were up to? I'm hoping next month to have something I am excited to post about.

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
02/04/2021 8:02 am  

@kyle-barrett. I used the search function and it would seem we were up to #56. 3 years ago. Time for a new one methinks so you go for it.

ReplyQuote
eloi425
(@eloi425)
02/04/2021 6:25 pm  

Hello

i am currently designing a small table-like piece of furniture which would go on top of an armrest on a chair.However, for my project, I need to make it multipurpose. So please could you give me any ideas for features it should have ?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Kyle Barrett
(@kyle-barrett)
Illustrious Member Moderator
02/04/2021 8:32 pm  

I don't think a surface needs much more functionality, do you? It's multifunctional by nature, it can be leaned against, written on, hold drinks or house a lamp?

I feel anyone designing objects now should be considering that their design needs to be trying to dodge landfill for as long as practically possible. Perhaps think about its future without a supporting piece of furniture (the sofa)? Once the sofa goes to landfill does the user need to bin your design too? Could it still be functional when they have no sofa?

Some of the least timeless furniture is the stuff that is made unecessarily specific. So, I'd beg you not put a cutout in it as a cup holder. Nor an LED strip. No need for an inset mousepad. No built in fan or vibrating pad to it, so it functions as an arm massager. 

ReplyQuote
eloi425
(@eloi425)
04/04/2021 8:10 pm  

Yeah but it genuinely needs to be multipurpose.My teacher asked us to make something multipurpose which is why I had the idea of this device but what to add ? That is my question 

ReplyQuote
guyinSF
(@guyinsf)
Famed Member
06/04/2021 5:30 am  

I found this neat round little side table with a tray-like molded rosewood top that's attached to a brass base with leather cords that are tied in fancy looking knots. No mark but was wondering if anyone knows anything about it. I've never seen this unique design before. 

1617679843-rosewood-round-side-table-1.jpg

ReplyQuote
guyinSF
(@guyinsf)
Famed Member
06/04/2021 5:34 am  

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 8
Share: