jesgord
(@jesgord)
Illustrious Member

Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
04/01/2016 11:29 pm  

Quite sad, indeed. Thank you jesgord. I will leave my Tizio aglow for a while.
Best,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
teakhound
(@teakhound)
Prominent Member
04/01/2016 11:45 pm  

I grew up with a 9091 kettle. Will admit that I did not know it was by Sapper or even that is was Alessi until many years later, but as one of the only modern items in a house full of 18th-century antiques, it always stood out.
Thank you for sharing, jesgord.

ReplyQuote
_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
05/01/2016 6:13 pm  

One of my earliest useful/beautiful objects and best frugalista find for $2 from a street vendor in NYC is the TS 505 AM/FM radio for Brionvega (with Marco Zanuso) and still in use today close to 30 years now. Same with the espresso/coffee maker for Alessi from a church sale in LA for $1. Both are in the MoMA (and minimoma) permanent design collection.
Thanks Richard Sapper.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
05/01/2016 11:16 pm  

I have the Richard Sapper and Marco Zanuso Algol television for Brionvega (in the original packaging with limited use) and the 9090 espresso maker for Alessi (new and unused in original packaging).
A Richard Sapper Kyron metamorfosi suspension lamp by Artemide is mounted above my Fontana Arte Tour table by Gae Aulenti and gets daily use.
On occassion I will use the Richard Sapper Nespresso Coban espresso machine for Alessi RS05. Form and function are optimal in this piece.

ReplyQuote
Lizzie
(@lizzie)
15/01/2016 12:39 am  

Hi jesgord,
I was thinking of buying a Tizio and was searching this forum. I think you and Mark and all the others have exquisite taste.
Steve Jobs had the maddening habit of declaring one object in each category the best, and he selected the Tizio. I try to sharpen my taste against his and did come to agree with him about Tiffany floor lamps, although I am unable to buy one since I didn't win the Powerball. That Tiffany might have given my place a homey feel.
The new movie about Jobs drove me even more up the wall--I can't live without his opinions, though, or everyone here's.
Thanks to all, sincerely.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register