The Last Thing You ...

The Last Thing You Acquired #40  

Page 8 / 8
  RSS

Dodolah
(@dodolah)
Eminent Member
26/10/2015 5:09 am  

Got Hans Bolling Mama Duck and her duckling (stamped Torben Orskov). Been wanting these for a while and got them for 20 bucks at a thrift store.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
26/10/2015 11:41 am  

Dodolah,
Congratulations Hans Bolling pieces. Very nice.

ReplyQuote
_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
26/10/2015 5:49 pm  

A tad ostentatious for me and although not an icon of modern design but a fine Swiss made mechanical clock called the Atmos, this one from the mid-20th century by Jaeger LeCoultre (15 jewels movement and 24k gold plate finish) for a mere $3.50 and still works and in perfect shape...cost less than the price of a pack of AAA batteries at the big box stores.

ReplyQuote
objectworship
(@objectworship)
Illustrious Member
26/10/2015 9:02 pm  

Amazake-"chicks" have never not grown pit hair, the problem with your piece is more a compositional one

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
26/10/2015 10:44 pm  

Gorgeous, Peruche!
SDR, I have a feeling that the grime on the head and hands area of that womb chair is due to use of Brylcream over the years or maybe just not shampooing terribly often, and sweaty hands. Dried sweat is salty and will attract moisture from the air, making it sticky, which will make dirt stick to it. UGH, I'm grossing myself out here.
Just don't sit in it after exercising and don't go all Don-Draper-slicked-back-hair on it, and don't eat potato chips and wipe your hands on it, and maybe do a light surface clean per Knoll instructions for Classic Boucle every once in awhile whether it looks like it needs it or not. I think with simple precautions like that it will look nice for a long time.
(I think this Knoll fabric doesn't hold onto dirt---it's half wool, half nylon. I've seen polyester and acrylic fabrics that did not hold up well--I believe both those fibers tend to hold onto oily stains much worse.)

ReplyQuote
_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
28/11/2015 6:49 pm  

It looks like a fierce battle as to who gets the winning trophy even for an untested example. Now I am curious as to how much it will go for retail later.
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/VTG-Jaeger-LeCoultre-Atmos-15-Jewel...

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 8
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register