The Last Thing You ...

The Last Thing You Acquired #40  

Page 2 / 8
  RSS

Reid Burrell
(@reidabhotmail-com)
Trusted Member
08/09/2015 4:42 am  

Just picked up a Ib Kofod Larsen 544-15 "spear" today and Saturday my wife and I bought an eames tandem bench. I have a few questions about the "spear", so I will post a new thread about that but if anyone with a pretty strong knowledge about such things (cough cough leif) I would appreciate your help.

ReplyQuote
Amazake
(@amazake)
Prominent Member
13/09/2015 4:50 pm  

Picked this out of the trash
Conant ball table with a split top
Thinking of having it black lacquered.

ReplyQuote
Reid Burrell
(@reidabhotmail-com)
Trusted Member
13/09/2015 5:55 pm  

My wife and I were able to pick up this Milo Baughman sofa off craigslist.

ReplyQuote
Catfish
(@catfish)
Trusted Member
13/09/2015 9:26 pm  

Hoopsie (and others) - I have a question regarding the McCobb Shovel chairs. Have these been copied often, or at all? Are they marked? And of course - are they comfortable?
I ask, because there is a set of 6 for sale near me for $270, and I'm wondering whether to go for them.
Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
13/09/2015 11:02 pm  

Greets to all!
My last thing is another paper box, created by the same brilliant child who sits next to me on most of my Illinois to Florida weekend flights. The talented little tyke cranked out another folded paper box for me using nothing more than a page out of a geek magazine. This is the third example that I've been gifted whilst sipping my vodka high up in the sky...one got crunched. SDR would be proud of this kid.
Best,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
hoopsie
(@hoopsie)
Trusted Member
13/09/2015 11:30 pm  

Hi catfish
I am by no means a Mccobb expert as this is my first piece by him. From the research I have done it does not seem like those chairs were copied much if at all. When I purchased mine I looked for location of welds including front and back supports, size and shape of seat (made of slats of maple glued together) as well as horizontal flexible slatted back support. Chairs are pretty comfortable, but have not sat in them for an extended period. Mines are not marked but from looking online line they did come with a paper label that looked like it could come off easily. I would definitely go get that set in your area at that price.

ReplyQuote
Reamie
(@reamie)
Illustrious Member
15/09/2015 2:32 am  

I got this lovely g plan astro table and the fab Rosewood armchair this weekend. I don't know anything about the chair yet, no makers marks, but the quality is unmistakable! I have it up here to try and ID of anyone has any ideas! A good days hunting!

ReplyQuote
(@stevieg)
Prominent Member
15/09/2015 12:23 pm  

Picked up this lovely desk lamp no idea on designer

ReplyQuote
modernefamilie
(@modernefamilie)
Noble Member
16/09/2015 7:57 pm  

Found this painting. Wish I could make out the signature.

ReplyQuote
Reid Burrell
(@reidabhotmail-com)
Trusted Member
17/09/2015 4:18 am  

I acquired the greatest chair of all! Or at least the chair I have wanted since the day I saw it.

ReplyQuote
Petervonnielsen
(@petervonnielsen)
17/09/2015 11:51 am  

I bought these three chairs from Arne Jacobsen this summer. 
Danish design at its best, though i'm biased because of my danish heritage. Here you can see where I placed one of the "myran" chairs.

ReplyQuote
_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
17/09/2015 7:21 pm  

An anonymous teak serving cart from Denmark, 50% off the asking price of $24.00

ReplyQuote
DrPoulet
(@drpoulet)
Illustrious Member
19/09/2015 2:51 pm  

Found this morning at my local charity store, a beautiful set of 6 Erik Buch for Oddense Maskinsnedkeri teak dining chairs.

ReplyQuote
waffle
(@waffle)
Illustrious Member
21/09/2015 6:56 pm  

picked up yesterday of the 'list. It's an odd set of Cado as the supports are black metal and spring loaded. A little beat but should clean up o.k.
Didn't think I was going to keep them. But started talking with the Mrs. and she convinced me that we needed to put it in the Den, which is a cluttered mess (it's our crash room and we have a young son).
I think it's a good idea but:
- We will need to move the 2 shelves that are in there (probably to boy's room, causing a total rework there as well).
- We will need to get a new couch (not a tragedy, have been thinking that for a while)
- Need to move the wall mounted T.V. (hey, I put it up, how hard is that?)
- MIGHT have to paint. TBD
- Might have to get our Bearded Dragon a new aquarium as hers is too big for where we would need to put it.
Gives me a bit of a headache just thinking about it but I think the results will be worth it. Attached is the original photo, in situ.
When it's up I'll post a few other pics.

ReplyQuote
Robert Leach
(@robertleach1960yahoo-co-uk)
Illustrious Member
21/09/2015 9:40 pm  

New Louis Kalff Philips lamp.
Three should be enough now..

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 8
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working