The Last Thing You ...

The Last Thing You Acquired #39  

Page 7 / 11
  RSS

Peruche
(@peruche)
Prominent Member
04/08/2015 1:03 am  

I found this signed Curtis Jere Urchin/Pom Pom lamp in a Pawn Shop of all places last Tuesday. There is a few small blemishes here and there but overall in Excellent Condition for its age.
Paid $49.00 for it!!!
Peruche

ReplyQuote
objectworship
(@objectworship)
Illustrious Member
04/08/2015 1:59 am  

handsome woven cloth, 13 X 65"

ReplyQuote
Reamie
(@reamie)
Illustrious Member
04/08/2015 2:05 am  

Peruche that's a steal! Very cool. Objectworship that is a seriously handsome woven cloth.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
04/08/2015 2:27 am  

I purchased the:
1. Stefano Giovannoni Pino funnel for Alessi
2. Massimo Vignelli, Massimo glass canister with white plastic lid for Heller
3. Michael Specter, Michael The Fashion Questionnaire for Assouline
All three for just under $3.00 at my local Goodwill

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
04/08/2015 11:38 pm  

Today I found the:
1. Stefano Giovannoni and Guido Venturini King-Kong round pierced basket for Alessi AKK04 B
2. Tue Poulsen Eslau coffee mug for Dansk Design Denmark (2)
3. Philippe Starck Prince Aha stool for Kartell wax white
4. Fashion A History From the 18th to the 20th Century the Collection of the Kyoto Costume Institute for Taschen
I continue to be amazed at the quality of items at my local Goodwill's. The total was less than $5.00.

ReplyQuote
Cap'n Sensible Shoes
(@reno_jonesyahoo-com)
Eminent Member
05/08/2015 12:58 am  

Niceguy, I have to say that I'm a little impressed by how cheap your Goodwill is. I also find tons of great stuff at my local Goodwill stores, but prices are quite a bit higher. The stool alone would have been at least $5-10.
Funny how thrift shoppers get conditioned to be so cheap. $15 for a brand new Le Creuset dutch oven? Outrageous!

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
05/08/2015 1:37 am  

Ho-nez,
I am very fortunate. Thank you.
I was surprised at the $2.52 price (a color code indicated it was half that price) for the Prince Aha stool. The King-Kong pierced basket was 97¢. The Dansk Denmark mugs were 55¢ each and the book was $1.50.
A person (not me) that sells on the "secondary market" could make a profit at these prices ($4.92).
Ho-nez, I would have paid $5.00 or $10.00 for the Kartell stool.

ReplyQuote
emanuel
(@emanuel)
05/08/2015 6:33 am  

Found this recently at thrift store - Brown-Saltman coffee table set. I was only able to find one other complete set online on 1st dibs already sold. the condition is remarkable. probable designed by John Keal

ReplyQuote
emanuel
(@emanuel)
05/08/2015 6:39 am  

One more recent find. This one comes from the swap-meet. great condition, I was hoping it was French or Italian but turns out it was made by Rembrandt. Still a great floor lamp in my opinion.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
06/08/2015 12:41 am  

I try my best every day. Today's is:
1. Jens Quistgaard Kobenstyle enamel pot with cover for Dansk Designs France IHQ
2. Tiffany & Company Louis Comfort Tiffany candlestick
3. Romero Britto Colors Around the World - Beyeler For the Love of Art signed copy
4. Dwayne Carter The Hundreds® Presents Zach Cordner Icons and Innovators (Daft Punk et cetera)
My total was just over $7.00 at one Goodwill. I came home after this chance finding.

ReplyQuote
minimalman
(@minimalman)
Trusted Member
06/08/2015 2:05 am  

Found a pair of Stringline lamps by Knud Holscher. Just love them. They have a Dieter Rams feel to me and that's always a plus in my house.
$14.00 for the pair.

ReplyQuote
_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
06/08/2015 7:33 pm  

One would think that every donation at the local thrift store would have been googled to death before going out to the sales floor. The staff was distracted by youtube.
Four dining chairs, a glass top dining table and two barstools by John Risley for Raymor.
Not to add insult to injury so I am not going to post the asking price.

ReplyQuote
My Panton Home
(@my-panton-home)
Prominent Member
07/08/2015 1:06 am  

Hi Spanky.
Any chance that you would let that blue/turqouis fabic go?
I just bought a vintage Verner Panton Peacock chair that needs reupholstering and believe that is the correct fabric that Plus Linje used on these back then.
My friend have one with the original fabric and it looks exactly lik yours but is red/orange.
Pleeeaze....!

ReplyQuote
Cap'n Sensible Shoes
(@reno_jonesyahoo-com)
Eminent Member
07/08/2015 6:40 am  

Minimoma – Um, wow! That is a great find. Jealous. How do they feel to sit on?
In my experience, for every thrift store employee in the back room Googling things, there are 10 who really couldn't care less. (Even worse, a friend who worked at Salvation Army around 20 years ago said the people sorting furniture would often throw anything that looked "old-fashioned" in a compactor. After all, who would want that old junk?) My personal passion is men's shoes, and I think it's comical how sorters can latch on to a brand name they saw at the mall for $100 (!) and fill the locked display cases with Chinese Cole Haan garbage priced at $30, while I pick up almost new $1500 English bench made shoes for $7. Whee!

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
07/08/2015 6:24 pm  

My Panton Home, sorry, I need to keep this fabric for my own purposes, plus it does have a weave flaw in it that I can cut around but that will screw things up for most other purposes. It was probably originally a remnant that someone got for cheap and then never used.
BUT---the good news is that Maharam/Kvadrat Hallingdal is essentially the same thing and remnants are available online all the time. Ebay and also Modern-Fabrics.com are both excellent sources. Good luck!

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 11
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register