The Last Thing You ...

The Last Thing You Acquired # 37  

Page 5 / 8
  RSS

waffle
(@waffle)
Illustrious Member
02/03/2015 5:38 am  

agreed.  I am going to pick up a couple of options tomorrow.  Still no idea what the heck it is.  It's very sculptural and is growing on me tremendously

ReplyQuote
modernefamilie
(@modernefamilie)
Noble Member
02/03/2015 8:32 pm  

Picked up a pair of Maurce Burke Arkana Sling Chairs in black and teak. I always wanted a pair of them, and they're much more comfortable than I had anticipated.

ReplyQuote
difeliciantonio
(@difeliciantonio)
Noble Member
12/03/2015 1:55 am  

Found this Ruby red Erkkitapio Siiroinen dice vase for Riihimäen Lasi of finland. was made from 1970-1975 amound various stainless steel assai and other swedish trays that i always buy for some reason
i kind of wish this vase was a decanter 

ReplyQuote
(@stevieg)
Prominent Member
14/03/2015 8:16 am  

Picked up 4 shell chairs that came out of a 1960s helicopter, only problem is the edges have been sanded changing the shape

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
15/03/2015 12:34 am  

Lately I've gotten into hitting the few thrift stores in my area on a regular basis and I'm starting to find things once again.  The biggest thrift store screens stuff really well but once in awhile something slips through their clutches onto the shelves!  
I got the six Iittala "Flora" salad bowls for $6, I think--I have the big bowls and a pitcher and a vase already.  I love this stuff and have never seen the salad bowls anywhere yet.  Now I'll have to start serving salad in them instead of just heaping it on dinner plates.  I'll be so civilized!  
The wooden cellist (Japan) is kind of clunky but that's because there is a music box in the torso that is supposed to be connected to the bow arm and head.  When you wind it, the head turns from side to side and his bow arm moves back and forth on the strings.  However, the music box was broken and when I tried to replace it with a new one of the exact same make, I couldn't get the wire hooked up just right.  So now he just stands there, but he still has an admiring audience in the old Kokeshis and the Zooline bird.
Third--newish Italian olive oil can which says stainless steel but the color is like silver.  $3, retails for $85.  Whee!  
And lastly, I picked up this solid walnut fish with holes for canape picks because it was beautiful.  I did not know what the signature was.  Emil Milan!  Woohoo!  It was $5. 

ReplyQuote
Grendel_The_Cat
(@grendel_the_cat)
Noble Member
15/03/2015 8:25 pm  

I picked up two vintage "persian" (thrifted so I'm unsure of origin) red one will stay in the living room and the runner will head upstairs to my dressing room.

ReplyQuote
Marchenoir
(@marchenoir)
Eminent Member
15/03/2015 8:42 pm  

I was lucky to get these two bulky sofas: two Josef Hoffmann's "Kubus", two-seaters, marked Wittmann, original and authentic. And in a very unusual bordeaux/wine color.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
16/03/2015 3:39 am  

Spanky,
That is a great price on your Oiva Toikka Flora bowl for Iittala bowls.  I found one for around the same price ($1.00) and use it for nuts or candy.  Your walnut fish is fine.
I found this pair of Timo Sarpavena Festivo candlesticks for Iittala at Goodwill for $2.50.  

ReplyQuote
Kyle James
(@schefflerkylegmail-com)
Trusted Member
16/03/2015 3:47 am  

Very nice teak server tray, and some wood dishes!

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
18/03/2015 3:25 pm  

Nothing special.  Yesterday I found this Kjeni Denmark teak tray and Jens Quistgaard staved teak tray for Dansk International Designs Limited IHQ Denmarkat Goodwill for $1.51 each.  It was "seniors day" and I received an additional 25% discount.  Not bad.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
21/03/2015 12:06 am  

I never knew that Alessi made product for Rogers Bros. until I found this Carlo Mazzeri and Anselmo Vitale Avio stainless steel tray 115-40.  The "children of dead people" donate a great many nice things to my local Goodwill.  They priced it right at $2.52.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
21/03/2015 2:36 am  

Cleo Hartwig dove for $9 today--I think the snow on the first day of spring kept the hordes away.  Yay for me!

ReplyQuote
difeliciantonio
(@difeliciantonio)
Noble Member
21/03/2015 2:37 am  

those are beautiful spanky! dam good pick

ReplyQuote
objectworship
(@objectworship)
Illustrious Member
21/03/2015 7:37 pm  

Federal "Heat Proof" ashtray, a great example of elegant 50s atomic hairpin kitsch-
Shown with vintage cigarettes (I quit tobacco in 2005)

3.99 Goodwill

ReplyQuote
objectworship
(@objectworship)
Illustrious Member
21/03/2015 9:13 pm  

Also
another George Nelson daybed frame, newly reupholstered, cool blankets, Nelson pedestal side table ($40!), 99 cent hand painted bowl from Goodwill, magical key I found in the street on my morning run last week

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 8
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register