The Last Thing You ...

The Last Thing You Acquired # 37  

Page 3 / 8
  RSS

kvc06
(@kvc06)
Eminent Member
05/02/2015 11:37 pm  

Thanks!! I had wanted one ever since I saw this one at Wright (Mass Modern 2014). Finding the long version was even better.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
06/02/2015 4:22 am  

Nice!  Care to share the name of your guy and location?  People are always asking me for recommendations in various parts of the country and I don't know anyone anywhere other than the few big names with big websites.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
06/02/2015 4:25 am  

Billy-the-kid, I can answer for Lowe--that is a Dala Horse from Sweden.  It's a folk art item going way back.  That is the most widely made version.  Some of the really old ones are pretty cool.  (By really old I mean a few hundred years.)
There are also Dala chickens.  I like the horses best, though. 

ReplyQuote
billy_the_kid
(@billy_the_kid)
06/02/2015 9:30 am  

@spanky - thnx for the answer.
I`m asking because I also have one in my house, 35cm high, from 1951. Up until today I thought that mine was from Croatia where I from, to be precise form the region of Hrvatsko Zagroje, because they make a similar wooden toys for hunderts of years.
https://www.google.hr/search?q=drveni+konj+zagorje&biw=1366&bih=634&sour...

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@teapotd0meyahoo-com)
Illustrious Member
06/02/2015 4:22 pm  

kvc06, wow!  Would love to see that catalog.  Risom's body of work is enormous.

ReplyQuote
Pegboard Modern
(@davidpegboardchicago-com)
Illustrious Member
06/02/2015 6:47 pm  

Chris M.
That's a beautiful Bitossi charger. We have a couple in different sizes and love them. We collect all the blue Londi designs.
But I have a question. You wrote that it's 42", could you have meant 14"? Our largest is 14" in diameter and I've never seen one larger.

ReplyQuote
kvc06
(@kvc06)
Eminent Member
06/02/2015 9:33 pm  

@woodywood - I was thinking of scanning it - I think everyone would love to be able to use it as a reference! However I'm not quite sure that is legal.
@spanky - I use Comfort Upholstery in Chicago - have used them for a few years now - great prices and high quality work, specialty in modern.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@teapotd0meyahoo-com)
Illustrious Member
06/02/2015 9:43 pm  

@kvc06 - risom.org has a few scans.  I wonder if you could try contacting them about it?

ReplyQuote
jesgord
(@jesgord)
Illustrious Member
06/02/2015 11:39 pm  

My score of the day--more like the month- Two signed Lucebert lithographs from the Salvation Army for $22.  These are two of six pieces that were sold at Phillips in 2010 from the estate of Harry Abrams.  The lot stickers are still on the back of the pieces.  Not a bad lunch break 😉

ReplyQuote
waffle
(@waffle)
Illustrious Member
07/02/2015 12:29 am  

THAT is wacked
I'd be giggling madly, scaring the children, if I found that.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@teapotd0meyahoo-com)
Illustrious Member
07/02/2015 2:56 am  

Crazy. I like the second one a lot.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
08/02/2015 2:20 am  

Thank you, KVC06!
I just picked this up at a local thrift store for $25.  I know that old wooden steno chairs aren't that unsual but check out the undercarriage!  WHOA.  All wood.  The chair swivels but this whole contraption is so that you can lean back in the chair.  I have never seen such a thing in wood, always in metal with a big spring!  There must be a spring in there somewhere, since it slides back on its own, but even the turn knob is wood.
There are no labels or marks that I could see.  
The finish is a tinted varnish and it's worn off in some areas.  I think the chair would look great if stripped and refinished in a subltle oil-rubbed whatever, but I will be selling it as is.  Just thought all you industrial style people would get a kick out of it.  (Oh, also, it's pretty small scale--almost child size but not quite.  For a petite stenographer.) 

ReplyQuote
Chris M.
(@cmoeckelyahoo-com)
Trusted Member
08/02/2015 5:53 pm  

@Pegboard Modern, that was a typo. You are correct it is 14" in diameter.

ReplyQuote
waldorf
(@waldorf)
Prominent Member
11/02/2015 10:05 am  

Yesterday i found this verry comfortable highback / wing chair. Cherrywood upholstered with wool fabric. 

ReplyQuote
Robert Leach
(@robertleach1960yahoo-co-uk)
Illustrious Member
11/02/2015 10:55 pm  

Nice little Russian painting of a boy

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 8
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register