spacepirate1
(@jonjbayareayahoo-com)
Honorable Member
24/09/2011 2:27 pm  

tinyarmada,
I've read the...
tinyarmada,
I've read the thread just fine.
It seems your only complaints are that he seems to price his items high, doesnt provide a plethora of accompanying photos for his listings and is persistent.
Sounds like every dealer I've ever known, except for the fact that he seems to be relatively young and successful enough to score a television show.
I don't know, maybe the guy is a complete dick, but this thread sounds more like a case of dealer envy.

ReplyQuote
Lunchbox
(@lunchbox)
Illustrious Member
24/09/2011 6:38 pm  

No, spacepirate...
Apparently you don't read well.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@teapotd0meyahoo-com)
Illustrious Member
24/09/2011 7:36 pm  

Certainly not envious.
If I had a store and/or was a dealer, I would never carry 90% of the merchandise he does, unless someone gave it to me for free. Even then, it would be taking up too much valuable real estate that could be used for selling quality items actually worth collecting.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
25/09/2011 1:58 am  

spacepirate you sound correct
As long as this dealer (reality televison person) has not been convicted of any crimes relating to his business then everything he does is acceptable. If I thought he was dishonest I would just ignore him and not conduct any business (buying) with him. Of course I would sell him anything that met my criteria for a sale (what he does with it, how he treats people, and how he runs his business is of no concern to me).
Jeremiah in the words of the Godfather: "I want to congratulate you on your new business and I'm sure you'll do very well and good luck to you. Especially since your interests don't conflict with mine".

ReplyQuote
Lunchbox
(@lunchbox)
Illustrious Member
25/09/2011 2:51 am  

Not really a ringing endorsement though, niceguy...
You forgot to recommend TSC Moving for his freight needs.

ReplyQuote
spacepirate1
(@jonjbayareayahoo-com)
Honorable Member
25/09/2011 3:32 am  

I generally look down upon...
I generally look down upon antique dealers. I have no idea why anyone with an education would want to (barely) make a living doing this crap, but Jeremiah seems to have transcended that and parlayed it into a television career.
Congratualtions to him and sour grapes for everyone else.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
25/09/2011 4:07 am  

No endorsement
Lunchbox,
It is not an endorsement at all. I tend to stay clear of obese used car salesmen, inexperienced art majors, and so called former models in my business dealings. I am sure that "were there's smoke, there's fire".
As I said before, I would sell them anything that met my business model. It is all about profit.

ReplyQuote
Lunchbox
(@lunchbox)
Illustrious Member
25/09/2011 4:23 am  

Well, spacecadet...
I generally look down on those who make ignorant, sweeping generalizations from stupid, baseless opinions. But to each their own, right?

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
25/09/2011 9:15 am  

So it's ok to be dishonest as...
So it's ok to be dishonest as long as you don't get caught? And/or as long as it doesn't affect me personally?

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
25/09/2011 10:10 am  

not okay to be dishonest
*spanky*
I never said it was okay to be dishonest. That is your poor interpretation and an inability to comprehend and understand what you read.
And yes, another persons behavior is none of my business until their interaction with "me" makes it my business.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
25/09/2011 6:53 pm  

Poor interpretation?
"As long as this dealer (reality televison person) has not been convicted of any crimes relating to his business then everything he does is acceptable."
In other words, it is acceptable to be dishonest as long as one has not been convicted of being dishonest.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
25/09/2011 9:43 pm  

In other words
*spanky*
Do not put words in my mouth. That is not what I said and this is how you interpet my statement.
The facts are that knowingly making false statements in the commission of a sale is a crime and a conviction is evidence of wrong doing. I am not aware that this person is dishonest.
Remember from your previous posting, when you find a deal that is "to good to be true" you "sneak" out the door with your purchase and cover it with a blanket rather than asking if they made a mistake and you hide the facts from others rather than sharing. I do not think I would question honesty if I was a "less fortunate" person such as yourself.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
25/09/2011 11:06 pm  

Your response speaks for...
Your response speaks for itself.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working