Ib kofod Larsen

Ib kofod Larsen  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
01/01/2015 1:41 am  

Try Greaves and Thomas Lounge chair.  There is a chair that either is this chair or looks a lot like it.  

ReplyQuote
tchp
 tchp
(@tchp)
Illustrious Member
01/01/2015 3:19 am  

Good job finding that Leif.  I would be apt to say "is this chair".  I have a feeling the Selig badges were placed in an attempt to be deceptive.
http://bbbespoke.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=71

ReplyQuote
Brandtcopenhagen
(@brandtcopenhagen)
Eminent Member
01/01/2015 10:55 am  

Dear all.
Thank you for taking the time to discuss my chairs. I can positively say that it is undoubtedly Graves and Thomas easy chairs.This means that the Selig badges must be attached later for "some" reason.....!

It is interesting that both Lauritz and Bruun-Rasmussen would put them on auction as Ib Kofod Larsen chairs. Perhaps they should also participate little in this the forum 😉

Special thanks to Leif to share his knowledge of Afrormosia and good detective work with identification the chair.

Regards Nina

ReplyQuote
Brandtcopenhagen
(@brandtcopenhagen)
Eminent Member
01/01/2015 1:48 pm  

Hi again
I have been looking closely at the photos of Graves and Thomas easy chairs
They are not the same as my chairs. See arm where screw is and the curves

http://www.creamandchrome.co.uk/product/1960s-armchair-by-greaves-and-th...

can one of you find another link to some?

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
01/01/2015 5:45 pm  

Yours are not Greaves & Thomas.  They're very, very similar but the G&T have a different curve to the top of the arm rest, straight rails on the sides, and a taller rail under the seat in front. 
Also, it appears that the G&T chair's back is much thicker at the bottom than at the top while yours is the same thickness top to bottom.  

http://ancientpoint.com/inf/77533-greaves_and_thomas_danish_style_design...

ReplyQuote
leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
27/07/2015 6:15 am  

I have a vague notion of a theory about this chair. Probably nobody is paying attention to this thread anymore, but maybe in a few months or years it will be of interest.
Selig catalogs have "English Import Groups" in them. I have not seen this specific chair in a Selig catalog, but then I've only seen the inside of one catalog. And I don't know what companies they imported from, as I don't recognize the pieces, and they are not credited at all. But it seems possible to me that Selig imported these Greaves and Thomas chairs—with a few minor modifications for some reason—hence the Selig medallion and the uncanny resemblance to the Greaves and Thomas chairs. Also, Selig imported Ib Kofod Larsen designs that were slightly modified from other designs, so it isn't unprecedented for Selig to have gotten minor modifications in their product.
The only surprising thing is that there is a Selig marked piece in Copenhagen, but then furniture does move around, so it has to happen sometimes.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register