Cart

George Nelson Strin...

George Nelson String Clock: Nearly a year  

RSS

Lenox
(@lenox)
Famed Member
26/10/2010 10:05 pm  

later and I finally took this to a shop. The cost of the clock was $45 and to have the synchron switched out to a quartz movement with the additional correction of the missing strings cost $75.

Jimmy, the clock repair man, had a supply of vintage silk fishing line that he used for the arms and he said that the process was quite easy. If anyone needs to see the pattern I can post photographs. Thank you for your help and be blessed, Lenox

ladyjane1864
(@ladyjane1864)
22/07/2012 9:34 am  

Restring a George Nelson string clock.
I noticed your thread and would like it if you could post or send me pics of the pattern to restring my clock. Thank you.

ReplyQuote
mindbu
(@mindbu)
07/05/2023 2:58 am  

Lenox or Ladyjane,

Do either of you have the pics of the pattern to restring this clock.  I have one which belonged to my deceased grandfather and my 8 year old son was messing around today and knocked it off the wall and it mostly came unstrung.  I am heartbroken (and upset) as it was always my favorite thing at my grandparents house growing up.

Thanks,

Jake Porter

jacobdonaldporter@gmail.com

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
09/05/2023 7:17 pm  

@mindbu @lenox hasn’t been active here since 2016, @ladyjane1864 has only posted one time and that was 11 years ago. There‘s not much hope one of them will answer or even read your post. Just saying. 

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register