Design Addict

Cart

France & Daverkosen...

France & Daverkosen Chair Is No Longer Purple!  

RSS

SandraG
(@sandrag)
Eminent Member
07/10/2015 10:08 pm  

A few weeks ago, I posted the pic of this poor chair as a purple and red monstrosity. It is no longer purple! I've tried to get it to a better place than it was when I found it. The tone is a bit too orange but it's as close as I could get to the original finish, which is still showing in some places. I left the arms a bit worn because they should have a wear pattern and I wanted to show the authentic wear. I coated with high-gloss polyurethane because this had a very glossy shine to the original color. It's better, at least.

Now to decide what to do with the cushions. I can't imagine they were originally supposed to be red and velvety?

Sandra

Reamie
(@reamie)
Illustrious Member
07/10/2015 10:22 pm  

Wow that's some difference! Well done! You definitely made the best of it, and brought it back to its former glory! What are you thinking for the cushions? I'd love a nice grey tone or a deep navy blue......but that's me!!!

ReplyQuote
leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
07/10/2015 10:24 pm  

Red could look perfectly fine, but perhaps not velvety. Hallingdal is an impeccable choice.

ReplyQuote
SandraG
(@sandrag)
Eminent Member
07/10/2015 10:28 pm  

Thanks, Reamie and Leif. I'm happy with how it turned out. Getting that paint off the back spindles wasn't fun. As hard as it is to believe, the cushions look even worse now that the chair is back to its (somewhat) normal finish. And I agree with you, Leif.....I think it's the velvety surface that's really all wrong. I'm so excited to get down to cushions. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
07/10/2015 11:17 pm  

Dear Sandra,
Post of picture of your lovely chair with the old cushions put back on. The velvet wouldn't be my first choice...but it might look just fine ( unless there is an odor). And then shop for the perfect toss pillow.
just a thought,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
SandraG
(@sandrag)
Eminent Member
08/10/2015 2:32 am  

I think you were right, Aunt Mark. The cushions DO look a lot better now. I was shocked at how good the chair looks with them They give the chair a bit of punch. It looks more of a dramatic pink now. What do you think?

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
08/10/2015 3:24 am  

I like it.
Best,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
Reamie
(@reamie)
Illustrious Member
08/10/2015 3:30 am  

I'm shocked it works, I like it too! Good advice as always aunt Mark!!

ReplyQuote
SandraG
(@sandrag)
Eminent Member
08/10/2015 4:23 am  

The more I look at it, the more convinced I am. I'm kind of in love with it now. So glad it turned out as good as it did.:)

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register