Design Addict

Cart

Florence Knoll sofa

Florence Knoll sofa  

RSS

NULL NULL
(@warhola98yahoo-com)
13/01/2007 12:16 am  

Hi - I am trying to purchase a GOOD Florence Knoll style sofa in cream / off white leather (2 - seater) - so far I have become more and more confused as most of the replica dealers seem to be showing REAL Knoll sofa pictures - I am worried that the actual item will have inferior looks (particularly the 'wider' width in the arms - I can't afford an original but want as near as possible to it - does anyone have any recomendations ? Retro-Europe on EBay are selling one for 599 which looks fab in the pic but am worried that this is not the actual one !!! All suggestions / help would be most appreciated.

NULL NULL
(@tinagomodern-co-uk)
22/01/2007 9:11 pm  

We sell these if thats any help
on Go Modern or Modern-Classics-Direct (both .co.uk). Both to original dimensions (the arms were made wider in the first batch, but then were reverted back to the original dimensions), & very good quality. Leather coverings only - no fabric.
We do have pictures of 'our' one (its the off white one) but that is a picture of the wider armed one. Which is confusing!
We will have a studio in Lots rd (SW10) by mid feb, & as soon as we do we will get photos of the one we have in situ. This is one of our biggest sellers, & I love them, although they are pretty firm so Ill stick with my cognac LC2 for now.

ReplyQuote
zanetti4
(@zanetti4)
24/01/2007 2:13 pm  

We sell these if thats any help
Where are these made? and the first batch which has the wider arms (which show 'your' product) are all made in China?

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@tinagomodern-co-uk)
26/01/2007 6:46 pm  

The wider arms have been dropped
They are all the original dimensions now.
Made in China, with Italian leather - & very nice they are too. Not my cup of tea, they look great but are too firm for me, but a big seller.

ReplyQuote
guyinSF
(@guyinsf)
Famed Member
02/02/2007 8:30 pm  

hi Wayney,
I just came acros...
hi Wayney,
I just came across a site called moderndose.com. They have Knoll reproductions, the 2-seater is only $1595! I don't know a thing about them but at that price I would like to order one myself or even their 3-seater which is only $1995. Does anyone know anything about this company and in particular the quality of their reproductions and their service? Where are they shipping their products from?

ReplyQuote
James-2
(@james-2)
Illustrious Member
05/02/2007 12:27 am  

Try them first.
Before buying the the replica sofa, you really need to try it first. Some of the replicas are really uncomfortable and built poorly. Try saving up for the true Knoll, used or new. I'd think waiting for a good used Knoll is more than just a smart purchase, it's an investment. In the meantime, buy a cheap Ikea sofa to use while saving.

ReplyQuote
guyinSF
(@guyinsf)
Famed Member
05/02/2007 5:02 am  

That is very true, these...
That is very true, these classics are not just for looks but they are well made and if you have to pay for 4k or more, it's an investment.
I'm also scoping out Gus Modern's version of the Knoll sofa, anyone know how good their version is?

ReplyQuote
James-2
(@james-2)
Illustrious Member
05/02/2007 10:15 am  

repro site
I just found this today, I have no Idea the quality, but 10% off(over $500) and free shipping. It may be the same items that other stores sell for more. I love the designer furniture, but I should have just started collecting shot glasses and i'd have a full savings account.
http://www.2bmod.com/index.htm

ReplyQuote
guyinSF
(@guyinsf)
Famed Member
05/02/2007 8:37 pm  

Good lead James. I can't...
Good lead James. I can't even tell if they're selling replicas or used licensed repros. The Knoll sofa for instance is just called the Classic sofa and it's only $1750. At least they have an "About Us" and contact info and address on their site which makes them a bit more legit than some other suspicious sites like Moderndose.com. I'd get more info on them before ordering them but so far I'm enticed by the products and prices.

ReplyQuote
guyinSF
(@guyinsf)
Famed Member
05/02/2007 10:26 pm  

Just spoke to the guy from...
Just spoke to the guy from this website, his name is Marcel I think. He said that his products are reproductions made in China. He was nice and accommodating, answered all my questions. I might place an order with him.

ReplyQuote
greenjunky
(@greenjunky)
06/02/2007 8:32 pm  

Moderndose.com
Moderndose.com
I have actually made several purchases from Moderndose including a set of eames inspired office chairs which my husband and I love. I had better luck with email than via their voicemail system. I did find them to be very attentive and helpful. The quality of the chairs definitely exceeded any other repros I've seen so far!

ReplyQuote
guyinSF
(@guyinsf)
Famed Member
07/02/2007 12:47 am  

Hey Greenjunky,
Where did...
Hey Greenjunky,
Where did the pieces you ordered from Moderndose.com ship from? Do you have their address? I find it weird that they don't have an adress on their website. THanks

ReplyQuote
guyinSF
(@guyinsf)
Famed Member
07/02/2007 2:54 am  

hey Greenjunky,
I did a sear...
hey Greenjunky,
I did a search on your name on this forum and didn't find any other posts you've replied to or written before. Something tells me you're from Modern Dose trying to fool the rest of us. I could be wrong but I'm leery of first timers affirming a business that doesn't seem to be legit.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register