Favorite Watch and Automobile of the Design Addicts  

Page 5 / 9
  RSS

RetroSixty
(@retrosixty)
Illustrious Member
19/08/2013 10:32 pm  

Nice PAM, Jesgord. I have...
Nice PAM, Jesgord. I have the 005 which is very similar but polished case/seconds hand. Really love changing the straps around on mine, gets a bit addictive!

ReplyQuote
onegroovydude
(@onegroovydudegmail-com)
Famed Member
20/08/2013 6:56 am  

Ok. So here's mine:
A 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 Viper. 1 out of 700 made in silver for that year. Single cab, short bed. Comes factory with a Hurst 6-Speed manual shifter, and is pushing around 550hp on a Viper V-10 engine. I had all the trim factory painted to match. I swapped the factory 22's for aftermarket's with Pirelli 295/40's, added smoked led taillights, and third brake light, custom painted Snugtop Fiberglass shell, euro crystal headlights, K&N Cold Air Intake, and two 40 series flowmasters. I swapped the factory head unit with a Pioneer AVIC-N4 Flip touch navigation system, with my Ipod running through the glove compartment, and a full system to go with it. There's not much around that can take it.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
20/08/2013 7:22 am  

Nice stuff, Paulanna.
There's a very brief video of a black Bugatti Atlantic on the street, in Brussels (see below). Heart goes ba-bump ba-bump.
I owned two 1952 Dodge sedans with split windshield. Surprisingly comfortable and effective transportation -- big but simple. Then I had two Saab 93 models, a '57 (rear-hinged doors) in gray, as below -- then a nice blue 58. I painted her wheels red oxide, for some reason. GREAT little car. Beetle-sized, built like a tank (with plywood floorboards and mattress-ticking upholstery). Free-wheeling three-on-the-tree tranny, T-handle pull starter on the dash (instead of a starter solenoid). I want another one.
http://www.saabforum.nl/viewtopic.php?t=26636

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
20/08/2013 7:23 am  

Bugatti video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G1V9RdqjfE

ReplyQuote
onegroovydude
Famed Member
20/08/2013 7:29 am  

Here
was my other car right before. My Audi A6 4.2 the day I went to trade it on for the SRT-10. It was nice, but I was getting tired of a sedan, and needed some real power. Pretty stripped from what it was, except for the wheels, LLTEK tips, chrome mirror covers, crystal headlights, and remaining badges. It was fully stripped later that day, and traded off. I miss that car.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
20/08/2013 7:35 am  

That truck is fierce.

ReplyQuote
rockland
(@rockland)
Illustrious Member
20/08/2013 7:46 am  

After many cars, vintage and simple, and a hundred watches...
I'm basic Kobold watch and mini cooper.
Still have the old jeep wrangler for farm off-road fun.
Toyota tundra for hauling crap. Pups and such.
And a new Husqvarna zero turn radius for mowing chuckles.
Like Jesgords selection. Passed one up a few years ago...
just did not need another car at the time.

ReplyQuote
onegroovydude
Famed Member
20/08/2013 7:47 am  

Thanks Mark...!
It really looks fierce when it's right behind an unsuspecting victim ready to be put down. It's like an old Locomotive coming, and looks pretty damn scary in the rearview. The only guy who beat me racing was a dude in a hopped up Mercedes CLK55 AMG.
He got me by a fender. He couldn't believe it when the light turned green, and I dumped the shifter. It was on. The front end lifted up, and the sound was ferocious. He was looking ahead, then at me, then ahead, then back at me so fast. His face. Wow. That dude didn't know what to think, until we got to the next stop light, and he saw the SRT-10 emblem on the door. He was pretty taken back from a truck.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
20/08/2013 8:04 am  

my CLS 6.3 sedan
is kicking out 518 (bi turbo'd) HP and an impressive 516 on the torque (available in the low rmp's. If I turn off the traction control...it tends to want to get a little crazy. Fucking brutal for a full sized machine with an automatic transmission (seven speed).
Interesting what a beautiful noise these engines make whilst pushing close to redline. It's pure music.
Your truck would kick my ass.
Best,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
Starline
(@starline)
Prominent Member
20/08/2013 8:54 am  

I much like the integration...
I much like the integration of the new SL600 and an old school190SL.
6.5litre twin turbo V12 with 600 hp.
Yeeeehaaa!
http://www.europeancarweb.com/featuredcars/epcp_1109_mercedes_bent_190_sl/

ReplyQuote
onegroovydude
Famed Member
20/08/2013 9:46 am  

The nose on that
is mean. Like a shark. The detail in the rims really set it off. That's a wicked car.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
20/08/2013 10:00 am  

Oh good god.
Now THAT's a tour de force. A 190 (well it still looks like one, at first glance) with V-12 power, 20-inch wheels, and double-16-inch brake rotors in front.
Sweet. Perfect colors. And the Mercedes star spins on the wheel covers so it remains stationary and upright while running. Gangsta indeed . . . !
A million and a half ? Two ? I can't think of another custom car project where so much was done with an existing body design. There's hope for us Cord fans . . .

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
20/08/2013 10:02 am  

PS
The M-Bent has one thing in common with my old Saabs: a solid aluminum grille . . .

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@paulannapaulanna-homechoice-co-uk)
Illustrious Member
20/08/2013 10:34 am  

onegroovydude
I suppose you were racing to get to your next major purchase ready to sell to the Met? Nice one. You are great aren't you? Racing on public roads in an ugly truck just like a good old boy. And then sharing it with us. I'm sure glad we're oceans apart.

ReplyQuote
Starline
(@starline)
Prominent Member
20/08/2013 10:51 am  

I also don't mind the odd...
I also don't mind the odd muscle car but I prefer them to be immaculately manicured like this fine specimen.
Very tasty indeed.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 9
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register