Design Addict

Cart

Eames Lounge Chair ...

Eames Lounge Chair - Strange threading on base  

RSS

romeagent
(@romeagent)
04/01/2015 9:56 am  

Hi All,I recently got a used Eames lounge and ottoman which was in very good condition. However, after a week or so I noticed these weird plastic thread looking pieces coming out of the cylinder that connects the 5 star base of the chair to the actual chair itself. I'm 100% sure these were there before I had bought it. Anyone have a clue as to what this could be? Or if there is possibly any damage to the frame itself? Thanks guys!

Jimbo
(@jimbo)
Eminent Member
07/01/2015 12:12 am  

It just looks like some plastic shavings from when the hub liner was pressed into the base

ReplyQuote
kin1117
(@kin1117)
Famed Member
07/01/2015 2:06 am  

If I remember correctly, the older chairs don't have those plastic rings in that area. Is yours a newer chair?

ReplyQuote
romeagent
(@romeagent)
15/01/2015 8:51 am  

kin1117, yes this chair has a 2013 manufacturing date. Any idea if this is just a defect?

ReplyQuote
kin1117
(@kin1117)
Famed Member
15/01/2015 5:26 pm  

It looks like a defect to me since obviously a normal chair wouldn't have shavings like that. The problem is you purchased it used and HM would probably would say since you're not the original owner, warranty wouldn't apply. 
I want to say it probably is not going to get much worse after enough shavings have been rubbed off but I'm also not a repair expert. Good luck and keep us posted. 

ReplyQuote
Jimbo
(@jimbo)
Eminent Member
16/01/2015 12:25 am  

The black plastic hub liner is pressed in and it is a very tight fit. During the process some of the plastic was shaved off and apparently someone did not remove the shavings. It will not get any worse or affect the operation of the chair.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register