Cart

Danish Modern Dinin...

Danish Modern Diningroom Set?  

RSS

jsp
 jsp
(@jsp)
19/09/2007 10:26 am  

Hi there, I know nothing about midcentury. I have this diningroom set in a current estate and wondered if it would be considered Eames Era Danish Modern and whether it is teak (ballpark value if anyone has any clue).

10 pieces, table w/leaf, 6 chairs (1 captain, 5 side), china cabinet, and buffet. I haven't found any brand marked on it, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Thanks in advance for any informaition.

NULL NULL
(@realchefgmail-com)
20/09/2007 3:40 am  

not teak
Definately not teak. MIGHT be birch ply. Chairs look similar to a Stanly set I saw. If it is Stanly, LRF says they were a lower end producer.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@realchefgmail-com)

not teak
Definately not teak. MIGHT be birch ply. Chairs look similar to a Stanly set I saw. If it is Stanly, LRF says they were a lower end producer.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@realchefgmail-com)

not teak

ReplyQuote
LRF
 LRF
(@lrf)
Illustrious Member
20/09/2007 3:50 am  

stanly was more mass produce...
stanly was more mass produced and sold at lots of furniture stores they got into the danish modern look

ReplyQuote
jsp
 jsp
(@jsp)
21/09/2007 10:57 am  

Hey, thanks everyone. I did...
Hey, thanks everyone. I did a little more research after I posted this and finally decided the set is probably just mass-produced quality from that era. Thanks for the info on the wood and the possible maker as well!
(Any ideas on pricing in the US? Is this kind of knock-off quality at all collectible?)

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register