Design Addict

Cart

Colors of nelson ba...

Colors of nelson ball clocks and asterisk clocks?  

RSS

rockybird
(@rockybird)
Famed Member
28/09/2012 8:51 pm  

I have seen a variety of color choices for these clocks. For George Nelson ball clocks, the choices which seem more common include:
-multicolor
-white
-wood
-orange
-black
-grey
But I have also seen gold, green and a clock with alternating black and white balls. Are these repainted or original colors? Were there other colors available?
For the asterisk model, I've seen:
-Black
-Yellow
-White
I've also seen orange, gold and blue. I dont know if these are authentic colos. Anyway, thanks for help!

I Clock
(@i-clock)
Trusted Member
29/09/2012 12:11 am  

clock colors
rockybird, I have found that there were 8 different Ball Clock colors or finishes that I believe are legitimate: Brass w/black balls, brass w/ Natural wood balls, white, grey, red, multi-color, natural wood center w/ natural balls, and chrome center w/ black balls. I have never found an old catalog listing with the natural wood center or the chrome, but have seen enough of them to believe that the company did make them. There was also a larger version of the ball clock too. As for the Asterisk clock, there were a black, white, yellow, orange, turquoise, and brass offerings. People sometimes requested custom orders from Herman Miller, that might explain the few color variations you see show up sometimes. And you see a lot of clocks that people probably just repainted themselves too.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
29/09/2012 1:17 am  

That is a killer collection of clocks, I Clock!

ReplyQuote
I Clock
(@i-clock)
Trusted Member
29/09/2012 1:23 am  

thanks Mark,
The Ball Clocks are mine, the Asterisk clocks are from a friend's collection. He has a much better, rarer collection than I do. I have 2 Asterisk clocks, a black and a white.

ReplyQuote
rockybird
(@rockybird)
Famed Member
29/09/2012 5:38 am  

great collection!
What a great collection! Thank you for the info.
Below is a pic of my gn ball clocks. I have the grey one also, which I havent hung yet and the wood one coming in. I also have the yellow and white asterisk (not hung yet). I love your red ball clock and the large one!
Here's another question: Has anyone ever noticed some of the balls on some models are smaller than on other models (no jokes please!).

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register