Classic Thonet Bent...

Classic Thonet Bentwood  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

cyzi03ab
(@cyzi03ab)
23/12/2014 4:24 pm  

Hi LuciferSum,
classic Thonet bentwood furniture are still being produced in few locations in Europe (Germany, Czech Republic and Poland). These are all spin-offs from the old Thonet company that had its factories across Austro-Hungarian empire (Poland and Czech Republic were part of that).
Thonet factory located in Poland was nationalised after WWII and maintained a production. The company still exists in a town of Radomsko. I myself live nearby and visited their showroom in Radomsko a few weeks ago when searching for classical chairs for my own appartment. They still offer a range of classical Thonet models incl. chair no 14, no 30 and many others. I was surprised to hear that they are still using some of the XIX and early XX century machinery. There is an opportunity to customise the chair choosing a colour and textiles you want (even from the Italian Italveluttioffer). The waiting time for a chair is 3-4 weeks.
If there is a specific model you are interested in, you may write to me, I can check in their showroom ( c.z@poczta.fm ). The prices should be less then 1/5 of German Thonet's price tag. I belive that the quality of Polish and German thonet bentwood chairs is same. My grandma and my parents have a few bentwood thonet chairs from Radomsko factory they bought in 1960's and 1970's. They are all in very good shape.

ReplyQuote
HPau
 HPau
(@hpau)
Illustrious Member
24/12/2014 8:11 am  

That sounds cool, get the commie ones or drill and bolt some old mo fo s together.
Isnt christmad drunkardness fun? All this cortisol must be worth something.
Sorry ive sobered up now, histamines are hell, ive been wanting some myself and have taken a liking to the cane backed model with arms. They look well with a marble table, for that Daisy Miller feel

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register